VMWare Fusion Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMWare Fusion Problem

I'm running the new Macbook Pro 2.8ghz, 4.0g ram and I'm not able to get Edius working right. Whenever I click play in either the preview window or on the timeline the cursor jumps to the end, plays about 1 second of audio (without displaying any video) and stops.

I'm running windows through VMWare Fusion and the video I'm trying to view is on an external hard drive. If I boot straight to windows Edius runs fine, but I cannot access my hard drive since it's formatted to my mac. I guess that means something's wrong with Fusion?

Any ideas?
    Main Edit Station: Edius 6.02, Gigabyte UD5, i7-950 @ 4.0, GTX 470, 12 GB GSkil, HD Spark, 4 TB RAID0 WD RE Video Drive, 2 TB RAID0 Render Drive
    2nd Computer: Edius 6.03, Asus P6X58D-E, i7-950 @ 3.07, Radeon 2600, 6 GB Corsair, 1.5 TB RAID0 Video Drive

EDIUS can't read off HFS drives, as far as I know. (users of Parallel/Mac Drive have also reported this)

Comment

bootcamp 2.1
      Steve
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

An alternative to the aforementioned MacDrive is Paragon's NTFS OSX driver which enables you to read and write to NTFS drives from OSX (and the latest version comes with a HFS reader for bootcamp.) Some rumours are suggesting that Snow Leopard is bringing HFS read and write support for bootcamp!
        Mac Pro (mid-2010) 2.8GHz quad Xeon, Ati 5770 graphics card, 12gb ram 4 x 1TB HDD plus external eSata
        MacBook Pro Retina (2014) 2.3GHz Nvidia 650M, 512 SSD, 16GB Ram external HDD on USB3 and thunderbolt.

Comment

Snow Leopard (Few months away) is going to have native NTFS read/write. I hope Windows 7 follows suit witH HFS+ support.

Comment

Alternatively, you can look at MacDrive, a commercial package to install under Windows a device driver that allows Windows to access HFS and HFS+ partitions.
            TingSern
            --------------------------------------
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Except that, as reported in my first reply, EDIUS doesn't play nice with HFS at all. :)

Comment

Working...
              X