• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip Markers?

Product
    Edius 5

Feature
    Clip Markers

Is there a difference between a "clip marker" and a "sequence marker"?

I know how to set a sequence marker and that they are used for chapter marks when outputting to DVD.

However, I keep seeing references to clip markers (On the new features page of the Edius 5 website:

http://desktop.grassvalley.com/produ...ewfeatures.php

and the product related download page for the upgrade to 5.1:

http://desktop.grassvalley.com/suppo...147&fileid=447

The only reference I can find for a Clip Marker when actually in Edius is in Settings/Application Settings, where I can snap to Clip Marker.

I realize this may be a basic question with a simple answer but I'm stumped.

A clip marker is a reference to the clip

A sequence marker is a reference on the sequence timeline.

If you set a clip marker and move the clip on the timeline the clip marker will stay with the clip.

If you set a sequence marker and move clips the sequence marker will stay on the same place
    Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Comment

Remember that the clip markers need to be set in the Player window.

Comment

thanks

Thanks guys. Immediately after posting I saw a related post that also helped answer my question. Guess I should have done a search. I'm kinda new to the whole forum thing.

Comment

You'll love this one. Lots of answers here.

Comment

Working...
          X