update to 5.10 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update to 5.10 problem

I followed all the directions for updating and I can't get it to work. When I run the setup manager I wait and wait and nothing happens. Any ideas what I should do?

I found I had to NOT unpack the RAR files except for the first archive, and then it would all unpack properly using the set up manager. The instructions were not too clear about this, (at least to me) - so at first I unpacked each archive, and things got hung up. Maybe this is what you are seeing?
    Documentaries and Art Projects
    Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    284 gb SSD boot drive
    2 TB work disc
    2TB storage disc
    EDIUS 9.52.6031
    Many external project hard drives

Comment

Also, you might just need to wait! For some reason, it took an inordinate amout of time for my install. I kept waiting, and waiting, but nothing seemed to be happening, as you describe. Then suddenly it took off. I think it might be inspecting your system, unpacking the RAR files and doing an error check on them before it starrs anything. It might have been 3 or 4 minutes before I saw any actual install activity.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma_video View Post
        Also, you might just need to wait! For some reason, it took an inordinate amount of time for my install. I kept waiting, and waiting, but nothing seemed to be happening, as you describe. Then suddenly it took off. I think it might be inspecting your system, unpacking the RAR files and doing an error check on them before it starrs anything. It might have been 3 or 4 minutes before I saw any actual install activity.
        Good point. their is a period after the initial start that nothing happens for quite awhile.

Comment

It works now. I wasn't patient enough. thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X