Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDV Capture Issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Vaughan Wood View Post
    Angelo,

    I've also had a lot of trouble trying to capture HDV files into Edius.

    Just kept stopping and having artifacts everywhere.

    Once I closed Edius and used MPEGCapture OUTSIDE of Edius, it works perfectly, capturing to either M2T or HQ.

    I suggest trying this first to those having trouble.

    Cheers Vaughan

    Asus P5WDG2 Core 2 Duo 6400.
    Yes, I'm having the same problems with Edius capture. Closing Edius and starting MPEGCapture by it's self I can capture either M2T or HQ, too.

    I have an old working system disk back-up with Edius 4.10 that I just tried out with the same problem.

    It's not an overlay problem since the it's displaying what the captured file looks like when it's played back.

    ...Angelo
    Last edited by Angelo; 07-06-2007, 05:58 AM.
    Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
    System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

    Comment


    • #17
      Okay...

      Neither of you guys should be having any trouble whatsoever with your MoBo's. I don't see any listing of RAID 0 or 5 though... what'z going on here?

      Any anti-virus, disk backup, Messenger or other junk in the background? Edius demands 100% attention when capturing. Run>msconfig to kill any baddies.

      Recient disk format? (please say yes)

      Fragmented disk? I never run defrag... I copy off, format and copy back!

      Low disk space. (less than 10 gb)

      What am I missing...
      Rusty
      Yes, I tried ATI 7.x... garbage
      Rusty Rogers | Films
      >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
      >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

      An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
      Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

      Comment


      • #18
        Had the same problem with an Intel P4 3.2g with Intel needs to be at least 3.4 or 3.6Gb, but my AMD XP3000 had no problems capturing to Canopus HQ. Moved on from there now.
        You could have a problem with the RAID 5 as this is usually software controlled and is using PC resources. I capture to USB2 disks from my laptop (Toshiba Satellite T2500 Duo) in Canopus HQ without a problem 1hr of tape at a time all broken up into clips and on the "Fine" setting of the HQ encoder, no artifacts or frame loss.
        I can also capture to an IDE 7200rpm drive on my editing computer!
        Make sure all your Virus checkers and Firewalls are turned off especially Norton as they check every file while editing.
        Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
        GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
        Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

        https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
        Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

        Comment


        • #19
          My editing system is ONLY for editing with no Internet access, only for quick software activation.

          I don't get it either. I will repeat... Using only MPEGCapture (Edius not running) I can capture M2T or HQ in RT. Edius Capture will not capture correctly on the same system.

          I have 5 disks over a 1TB non-RAID internal.

          ...Angelo
          Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
          System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

          Comment


          • #20
            I found a work around to the 1394 HDV capture problem within Edius. By disabling the DVStorm hardware in Device Manager I can captured HQ within Edius perfectly.

            So there must be some kind of conflict between the 1394 and DVStorm, IRQ are different the 1394 is IRQ18 and DVStorm is IRQ20. I'm guessing here, but some kind of overlay conflict causing capture issues since DVStorm Overlay required changes to the Canopus.ini file to work correctly with the ATI PCI-E???

            My MB does have PCI-E 1x slots so this weekend I'll be ordering some cam accessories and an ADS Pyro 1394 PCI-E (Supplier PN: API-316) from B&H Photo and I'll see if that fixes the problem.

            ...Angelo
            Last edited by Angelo; 07-08-2007, 09:41 PM.
            Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
            System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

            Comment


            • #21
              Installed the PCI-E 1394 card and captured 1080 HQ video files perfectly within Edius using the OHCI HDV 1080 59.94i profile with the DVStorm enabled in device manager.

              As a test I tried again with the onboard PCI 1394 and total failure with broken-up video clips with artifacts.

              ...Angelo
              Last edited by Angelo; 07-20-2007, 05:18 PM.
              Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
              System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

              Comment


              • #22
                Well well well, I finally got to capture HDV without the stupid error message that my hard drive is too slow!

                Just to recap, my mobo is with a PIV 2.8GHz HT, 1 GB ram (DDR 400) and raid 10 (not raid 5). Had also added SATA 2 seagate 300GB hd as well.

                Edius 4.24 complained that my hard drive was too slow and stop capturing between 10s to 16s with the above hard drives.

                I finally went to e-Bay to get myself a new PIV 3.4GHz HT cpu. After swopping the cpus, low and behold, no more HDV capture problem, no more complain of hard drive too slow.

                Upgrading to Edius 4.51, and still no problem.

                Canopus, I believe the error for capturing HDV should be due to cpu and not hard drive. Hopefully, Edius 4.51 don't give the wrong message anymore.

                PS:
                Using a PCI 1394 card, no Canopus hardware on mobo.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by zard View Post
                  Well well well, I finally got to capture HDV without the stupid error message that my hard drive is too slow!

                  Just to recap, my mobo is with a PIV 2.8GHz HT, 1 GB ram (DDR 400) and raid 10 (not raid 5). Had also added SATA 2 seagate 300GB hd as well.

                  Edius 4.24 complained that my hard drive was too slow and stop capturing between 10s to 16s with the above hard drives.

                  I finally went to e-Bay to get myself a new PIV 3.4GHz HT cpu. After swopping the cpus, low and behold, no more HDV capture problem, no more complain of hard drive too slow.

                  Upgrading to Edius 4.51, and still no problem.

                  Canopus, I believe the error for capturing HDV should be due to cpu and not hard drive. Hopefully, Edius 4.51 don't give the wrong message anymore.

                  PS:
                  Using a PCI 1394 card, no Canopus hardware on mobo.
                  Today, I tried HD capturing and the problem is back. What is wrong!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Can you capture as native HDV? If so, it's a drive throughput problem. Either the bus is being clogged by the drive access and it's interrupting the HDV stream coming in, or something worse.

                    Have you tried a different slot for your 1934 card?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      i've got the same problems... try to capture it via edius 4.02
                      i've select generic ohci hd pal-hdv 1080i-canopus hq avi..
                      the grey tab on edius capture is on...i can play it but there is no screen preview only the sound... also when i tried to capture it the edius just got stop ( after 4 sec) go back to windows..
                      but no problems when i set it to SD capture..n the same handycam works!
                      my handycam is sony HDR-HC3 and is set to HDV already...can you help me pls.
                      i can't wait to be in HDV land ;(

                      Pentium IV 3.0HT
                      1 gig DDR ; 300 g SATA
                      fire wire card
                      MOtion Candid CApture
                      www.houseofmocca.com
                      Indonesia

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Your system doesn't sound like it's fast enough to do real-time capture from HDV in Canopus HQ format (it's a real-time transcode, which requires a good amount of CPU power). Capture as native HDV (MPEG-2 Transport Stream) and convert the capture afterward.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by fukly View Post
                          i've got the same problems... try to capture it via edius 4.02
                          i've select generic ohci hd pal-hdv 1080i-canopus hq avi..
                          the grey tab on edius capture is on...i can play it but there is no screen preview only the sound... also when i tried to capture it the edius just got stop ( after 4 sec) go back to windows..
                          but no problems when i set it to SD capture..n the same handycam works!
                          my handycam is sony HDR-HC3 and is set to HDV already...can you help me pls.
                          i can't wait to be in HDV land ;(

                          Pentium IV 3.0HT
                          1 gig DDR ; 300 g SATA
                          fire wire card
                          I can definately say the computer is too slow for HDV - AVI capture. The answer is to capture in MPEG set up a watch folder for PC Express and then drag the files into the folder and after a "year or two" well it seemed like that amount of time the AVI files will be ready to import into the project and editing will be so easy! the P4 3Ghz will edit with no problem it is just a matter of getting those AVI files up and running.
                          With a P4 the absolute minimum is 3.2 or preferably a 3.4 Ghz processor. I had a 3Ghz Intel and an AMD XP3000
                          Interestingly an AMD XP3000 would capture without any problem but Edius did not even load the AVA capture part and was greyed out on the P4.
                          Regards Barry
                          Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                          GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                          Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

                          https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                          Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
                            Can you capture as native HDV? If so, it's a drive throughput problem. Either the bus is being clogged by the drive access and it's interrupting the HDV stream coming in, or something worse.

                            Have you tried a different slot for your 1934 card?
                            No, cannot capture in native HDV and not tried in another slot.

                            Then I remembered that before I upgraded to the PIV 3.4, I had put in a raptor 37GB hard disk, installed XP Pro. This is also connected to my Highpoint raid card.

                            Surprisely, I boot up from the raptor and was able to capture HDV for more than 20s. Normally it will fail before this timing. I quickly upgraded to the latest version, rebooted and again, no problem capturing HDV. What I can't be too sure is that capturing to the single 300GB Sata connected to the Highpoint raid card, no problem but capturing to the 160GB stripe hard disk will encounter problem.

                            Maybe it is really something to do with bus being clogged but I can't really understand, since the raid card connects to all my drives, be it raid or non-raid, and works on non-raid drives.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by zard View Post
                              Maybe it is really something to do with bus being clogged but I can't really understand, since the raid card connects to all my drives, be it raid or non-raid, and works on non-raid drives.
                              Just jogged the memory with that bit of info.
                              Back in the dim dark ages of Premier and DV I had a "Promise" raid controller card that had a similar setup with one pair of Single IDE Drives and the other set up as raid. Same problem only that was in DV. Set the card up as TWO RAID Systems and still no joy. It also did not like 4 single drives attached!
                              Changed the card to a Giga Raid controller and that fixed the problem
                              Regards Barry
                              Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                              GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                              Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

                              https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                              Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                HDV-able?

                                Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
                                Interestingly an AMD XP3000 would capture without any problem but Edius did not even load the AVA capture part and was greyed out on the P4.
                                Regards Barry
                                i'm planning to get another unit of AMD64 X2 XP5000 2gigDDRII and motherboard with VGA 256mb onboard(it has firewire n DVI,HDMI input) it is HDV-able,right?
                                but how big the Hard disk needed if a single project of mine is 13hours footage (3 camera live)...2 hours in final editing for a wedding.
                                MOtion Candid CApture
                                www.houseofmocca.com
                                Indonesia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X