• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NakedEye
    replied
    Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
    Edius will import Pro Res 422 files
    Yes I can confirm this works a treat for FCP files to Edius....we use it with a couple of local FCP editors when sharing stuff.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• alxwulf
    replied
    I have another question... say I've done quite a bit of editing now all night's worth I would like to preview in a media player like WMP or VLC whatever.. thing is when I do Render and Add to Timeline then export the output AVI video frame rate is too fast and no sound... any ideas what I'm doing wrong? It's a bit confusing as I've been using Premiere before now I've said goodbye to it and trying to accustom to the awesomeness that is Edius. Thanks =)

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    You can thank Apple for releasing the decoder (only) for QuickTime.

Leave a comment:

• rob stowell
    replied
    Wow. I guess since I'm from New Zealand, the world is kind've already upside down. But that really surprised me!

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    That's just the display size of the document. If you hit Ctrl+0 (Windows) QuickTime will play at it's full size.

When you "log & transfer" in FCP, it will flag it as 1920x1080. Since DVCPROHD is 1280x1080 (max), FCP flags it so you can play it back in QuickTime with the proper aspect ratio.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    the apple prores document does not show 1888x1062
    Final Cut Pro revolutionizes post-production with 360° video editing and motion graphics, 4K HDR support, and advanced tools for color correction.

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    hmmm, I have never heard of 1888x1062 ???? what happened there?
    I haven't to Anton, must be an Apple thing?

Steve

Leave a comment:

• alxwulf
    replied
    Thanks guys =)) I'll ask the guy to convert the stuff. Thanks a bunch again!!!! =)))))

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Originally posted by rob stowell View Post
    I'm pretty sure the very last QT codec Edius will be able to edit is ProRes. Unless the world has turned upside-down :)
    Correct, on the PC it's not for editing, just ingesting. But this is the preferred editing codec on the Mac, and the PC will be able to open/play the files.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    hmmm, I have never heard of 1888x1062 ???? what happened there?

Leave a comment:

• rob stowell
    replied
    I'm pretty sure the very last QT codec Edius will be able to edit is ProRes. Unless the world has turned upside-down :)

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Yeah, I'm talking about the Mac guy converting the existing QuickTime files to use a different codec.

Leave a comment:

• alxwulf
    replied
    Can you elaborate on ProRes? Do you mean the Mac guy should convert the files to a different format or..?

Thanks for the quick response =))

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    I'm not sure what's going on with that clip but I'm unable to open it in Edius, which hasn't been a problem for me with QuickTime DVCPro HD clips in the past.

QuickTime Player gives me the audio, but no video; that is normal on the PC since Apple doesn't support DVCPro HD under Windows.

One option would be to transcode the files to ProRes, which Apple officially supports with the Windows version of QuickTime, and which would preserve the 4:2:2 color sampling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X