Export DV for Computer - HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export DV for Computer - HQ

My work flow is usually exporting DV Avi or Canopus HQ and then encoding to DVD with Encore.

I have a client that asked me to export his wedding for viewing on the computer as well. OK, this would mean converting it to progressive and using some codec and setting that will give it the best quality possible.

Now, I could try to export a short clip and try all kinds of presets in Canopus procoder like Mpeg-4/H.264 and others, but I thought to ask you guys if you have done such encoding and can recommend some best settings for viewing on the computer.

p.s. File size is not so much the issue since it's for the computer and not the web.

p.p.s. If on this subject, I'll ask a relative question I had:
    In Edius, sometimes an imported footage clip will look better when I right click it, choose clip properties, video settings, and change it to progressive. My question is, why when I export this clip and check it (with Gspot) it is still Interlaced??

Thanks
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Exported footage will be 'converted' to what ever the PROJECT settings are irrespective of what each CLIP field order is. Sometimes clips need manually adjusting of field settings as the auto detection failed - usually AVI clips. MPEG files have decent headers usually.

The best format for pc viewing I have found is the WMV format - for SD choose around 3000 kbps and for HD choose around 7000 Kbps

Leave all other seetings as default - this should produce a clean looking file.

Comment

re

thanks for the reply
      Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

ya very useful reply , thanks alot
        Brad

Comment

Working...
        X