Blue screen or Green Screen in Edius??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue is best in my experience.
    E9 PRO ,Intensity Shuttle capture Nvidia 650 TI LG 3D Monitor HDMI Win 10 PRO 64 Bit.Vistitle 2.6, Robuskey. ASUS Z370 I7 8700 16 GB Hyper X black RAM 250GB 960 EVO. 2 ITB Disks

Comment

I will give it a try soon!

Comment

California = Green
        London = Blue

Must be the sunlight, what should we use in Asia :)

p.s. Nice color space story btw...

Comment

The bottom line is you can chromakey on just about any colour. Green and Blue are chosen primarily because there is less chance of those two colours appearing in the human body.

Comment

Red pops up on occasion, but usually this is only for special cases or keying objects, not people.

Comment

blue is usually the best if the background that will be keyed is outdoor footage

example, a person standing in your studio in front of blue screen and then you replace blue with beach and blue sky, simple keying pleasure

be sure to light the subject with 5600k lights

I use dual purpose twistfold screens, blue on one side, green on the other, folds up easy
              http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...ent_sales.html
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

example, a person standing in your studio in front of blue screen and then you replace blue with beach and blue sky, simple keying pleasure

be sure to light the subject with 5600k lights
                That's simply covering up a bad key. Blue on blue or green on green is a hard pick for edges. Red on green and your going to see it.
                Anton, how do the Kelvins on the background affect the overlay? Two different sources. Whatever you key out is gone forever.

Comment

Originally posted by redgum View Post
                  That's simply covering up a bad key. Blue on blue or green on green is a hard pick for edges. Red on green and your going to see it.
                  Anton, how do the Kelvins on the background affect the overlay? Two different sources. Whatever you key out is gone forever.
                  by using 5600k on the subject, it will look like the subject is outdoor and the key edge is much cleaner then when using 3200k, try it, you will be very surprised
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Don't forget Red Screen is used a lot in the industry as well!!

Almost exclusively use Red Screen now for stop animation.
                    Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Comment

Playing with blue and green, and with HDV footage, the green was much cleaner for me.
                      EDIUS Workgroups 8 with NX Hardware plus HD expansion Card,
                      EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

Comment

Green is a major component of human visual color perception of brightness, hence YCbCr encoding gives more preference to green. This means there's more data for green, whereas in RGB they're all equal, and that's why RGB takes up more space data-wise.

Comment

Working...
                        X