Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on Upgrading to Edius 4.24

Hi all,
    Had anyone experienced error on installing Edius 4.24 upgrade?
    When I run the setupmanager, I always got the "Component Transfer Error"
    It happens to when running 4.13 upgrade too... so I still stuck at
    the original edius software shipped with NX hardware.
    can anyone give me some pointer, what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

This has to do with conflicts of InstallShield files

Clean your registry and try again...Doing a search in google might help as well..
    Aristotelis Bafaloukos
    Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
    BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Thx aristotelis for your quick reply,

After reading your post, I do some search for installshield component transfer error. And found ComponentTransferErrorFix.exe from installshield consumer central. Download and install the fix, then running setup again... still got component transfer error but with different error message.
      Before the fix the error is the filename, directoryname or volume label syntax is incorrect, and after the fix the error is access denied...

The fix looks like for dev9 (dunno what software that is ^^)
      and the error code is -142.... differs with my problem, which is not given me the error code...

So I guess I'm the only one suffer this problem...

Comment

It might be a different problem, I'm not sure... however I believe that a registry cleaner might help you...
        Aristotelis Bafaloukos
        BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

I think maybe you're right aristotelis.
          can you recommend what software should I use to clean my registry?

ps : I already install windows installer v3.1, which first I thought that was cause my problem.
          Funny thing is I try installing in another computer which doesn't had nx board in it. And the update installed succesfully... weird....

Comment

be sure the hidden temp folder is emptied before installing

/documents and settings/login name/local settings/temp

note that local settings is hidden and won't be seen until you choose to show hidden files and folders in windows explorer options

note that 4.03 is my favorite version until 4.5 comes out
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

1) Registry Mechanic is a good one...It is helping me from time to time...

2) I'm sure that your NX board has nothing to do with it.

3) Try what Anton suggests as well...
              Aristotelis Bafaloukos
              BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Okay... I finally updating to 4.24 succesfully after I remove the board first.
                I just don't get it, how could the board interrupting installation...

Now I just have to sort it out the overlay conflict.
                Since my nx board is shared the same IRQ with my Nvidia 8600 PCIe card...
                I'm really frustating to get this board to work at my PC...
                Do you guys get different IRQ for the board and VGA?
                My board got 3 PCIe slot. 1 is used for VGA, just the other 2 slot left
                and they all shared on same IRQ...
                Any enlightment on this problem?

Comment

Okay... I finally updating to 4.24 succesfully after I remove the board first.
                  I just don't get it, how could the board interrupting installation...
                  thats strange!!
                  what motherboard do you have?
                  Aristotelis Bafaloukos
                  BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

I'm using intel S975XBX2.
                    I realize in canopus site the recommended board is D975XBX, but I can't get it here. So the closest board can I get is S975XBX2...
                    Maybe the board is not compatible?
                    Now I can't even open edius anymore... just stuck after I click ok on create new project...

Comment

If you go to intel's website you will see that there are many BIOS updates for that motherboard. One of them distributes IRQ's in a different way...(v2674)
                      Try updating to the latest BIOS and see what happens...
                      Aristotelis Bafaloukos
                      BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

I already updated the bios to v2747. But there's no option for changing IRQ setting.

Here's step by step of what I had done :
                        - Installing XP Pro SP2 (haven't activated the windows yet)
                        - Installing MB Driver
                        - Installing VGA Driver
                        - Plug the NX Board and the component card
                        - Install Edius v4.02 (which came with the package)
                        - Restart the PC

at this point when running edius, I can't click OK in the create new project.

- I installed driver in edius v4.24, just the driver since I can't update the edius earlier on.
                        - Restart PC

after using driver from v4.24 I can start new project from Edius. But there's green vertical bar near upper left monitor. And when try to capture footage the display just stuck. That's mean something wrong with overlay.
                        After a while and do some checking, I realize there's setting to changed the overlay method at edius hardware setting. So I try to used method 2. Restart the Edius and everything is working and fine.... I even test capturing the footage.....

Then I restart the computer and open Edius again... load the previous project/create new project... the Edius won't load... nothing show up.
                        So I check task manager > processes, there's Edius listed there taking up 50% CPU and about 100,000 K Mem Usage... But the editing suite won't load.
                        When I click End Process the Edius.exe my windows hangs up.... after a while blue screen then restart.

I don't know what went wrong... maybe there's some mistake in my installing step... hopefully you can help me here...
                        Last edited by duacom; 06-14-2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Okay... I finally got everything work...
                          Looks like sharing IRQ not causing the problem after all.
                          I just set the overlay to use no tearing, and everything went well now.

Thanks to Aristotelis and Anton who contribute your time helping me ease my mind ^^

Btw should I use 4.03 rather than 4.24 like Anton suggested?
                          Is it the 4.03 more stable?

Comment

woooooooo chill !!! i have motherboard 975xbx2 and it work fine by opening the project !!! :|

Comment

Working...
                            X