Splitting clips at capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting clips at capture

I have had some different experiences with regard to splitting clips during capture depending on which camera I am capturing from.
    I'm using Edius 3.62 and capturing to DV.
    When capturing from my Sony FX7 in DV mode it splits each scene up nicely but when I capture from my Sony VX2100 it captures one long scene.
    All the settings in Edius are the same. It's set to automatically divide clips at timecode, aspect ratio change, audio sampling change and when recorded time data changes.
    Any suggestions as to why this would happen.
    I'm capturing all footage as SD DV.
    Richard

When you capture your tape from the VX camera, are you playing back an original tape that was shot on a camcorder? Because the camera sets timestamps on each scene, and if your DV tape has video, for example, played back from the EDIUS timeline, the shot information is lost.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply Dave.
      All the footage I'm capturing from both cameras is originally shot from the camera on new tape.
      Richard

Comment

also, does the camera in question have the date and time set? if not, then you will experience your problem
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Splitting Clips

I have a different problem with splitting clips. I capture with Sony DSR 300 and use a DSR 20 deck to input to the computer. Occasionally Edius fragments a clip into 1 or 2 frame segements. Any suggestions?

Ted

Comment

I've had that happen with certain DV tapes inside of Edius, that's why I use SCLive and I have never encountered such a problem.

Comment

Working...
            X