Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear of Upgrade

I have decided to upgrade my Edius system from 4.5 to 5.0
    When I insert the dvd software disk I get the screen info that I need to delete previous version, although there is nothing in the printed documentation referencing that.
    What I would like to know is if I delete the previous version would my files from version 4.5 still be usable? Is it safe to delete all of 4.5?
    thanks in advance, I have been away from this Forum way too long, good to be back!

4.5 projects will work in 5.0 but not the other way around. Yes, 4.5 has to be deleted before 5.0 is installed. Normally if you just run the installer twice...the first time it will delete 4.5 and after a reboot, run it again to install 5.0

Comment

I didn't have any problems with my V4.x projects in V5.x, but as a precaution you should make a backup of your system, preferably using something like Acronis TrueImage or Norton Ghost that can do a bare-metal restore -- that way you can quickly get back to a known good state without having to spend hours doing a format/partition/install/patch cycle of the OS and your applications.

Of course, you're already making regular backups, right?

Comment

no xplode stuff in 5.
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Working...
        X