PowerPoint to Edius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerPoint to Edius

I made an interesting discovery for those who have not already discovered it
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...-to-edius.html
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Thanks Anton. You're a genius. Where would this forum be without you!
    Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Comment

Vey useful. Thank you.
      Joe Shaw
      Freelance Director/Editor

Comment

Thanks Anton, you could not have posted that at a more opportune time
        Regards Barry
        Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
        GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
        Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
        Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Thank you, I always used to export to .bmp but would get that ugly jagged look with the text.

Cool tip :)
          GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
          www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Works great Anton, just tried it myself.

Steve
            Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Thanks Anton,

Does this mean I dont have to follow the prevoius process of going through the Photoshop action script, creating image size. image blur etc...?

Martyn
              System 1
              Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2 x 2.66ghz 1333Mhz X5430 Quad Core Xeon's, 12 gig RAM, ATI 512mb 3650 Graphics Card, HD Storm Plus, Edius 6.01, VisTitle. Windows 7 64 Bit.

System 2 - Supermicro X6DAE-G2, 2 x 3.2ghz 800FSB Xeon's, 2gig RAM, Gainward 256MB, Nvidia 6600, NX Card & Expansion pack, Edius 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                Thanks Anton,

Does this mean I dont have to follow the prevoius process of going through the Photoshop action script, creating image size. image blur etc...?

Martyn
                I have deleted that tutorial since, no need for that any more
                Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Does the WMF (upon import into EDIUS) capture the transitions, the text sliding / fade in / fade out - those stuff?
                  TingSern
                  --------------------------------------
                  Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Now that is the find of the day!

As always, this forum appreciates you deeply Anton.

You are always digging, finding, resolving and perfecting the workflow.
                    George Dame
                    Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
                    Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
                    Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
                    Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
                    www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                      Does the WMF (upon import into EDIUS) capture the transitions, the text sliding / fade in / fade out - those stuff?
                      I don't know anyone who would want to capture the cheesy/jittery PP transitions :) and sound effects

it looks much better to recreate them in Edius and won't take long and customers will be blown away by the results
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                        I don't know anyone who would want to capture the cheesy/jittery PP transitions :) and sound effects

it looks much better to recreate them in Edius and won't take long and customers will be blown away by the results
                        Agreed. But, there are folks who wants it all - chessy/jittery and all. So - currently, I do a screen capture into motion - bring that into video - and dump that into EDIUS.

Faster than trying to recreate all the funny effects of PP in EDIUS.

Now I am aware of this WMF technique (thanks to you) - I will try it out and see if this is significantly faster. BETTER, I have no doubts it will be. But, sometimes, folks just don't care about quality - they just want a video of the PPT presentation and nothing else.
                        TingSern
                        --------------------------------------
                        Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Working...
                        X