Moving a clip using keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a clip using keys

is there a way to move a clip frame by frame using the arrow keys (or any other shortcut!) instead of dragging it with the mouse?

A customer told me that he can do that with his Velocity system and I can't find a way to do it in Edius? I'm sure I'm missing something....
    Last edited by Aristotelis; 06-13-2007, 08:07 PM.
    Aristotelis Bafaloukos
    Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
    BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Yeah, highlight the clip, hit F2 and then use the < and > key.
    I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Thanks for the reply Khoi Pham...but that's not working for me...I tested it in v4.13, nothing happens when I hit the F2 and when i hit the end it just move the cursor to the end... :-(
      Aristotelis Bafaloukos
      Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
      BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

By doing Khoi's suggestion, It's moved the play head 1 frame ... then you need to move the clip, and it will snap to that play head (forward or backward) 1 frame.

tuy
        Asus P5WDH Deluxe w/E6600 - 4GB Corsair - 8800GTS - 1TB & 1.5TB (2x750GB RAID 0) - Antec P180 + Trio 650W - XP Pro w/sp3 - NX PCIe w/Expansion Card - Edius 5.51
        Asus P6T i7 920 @3.6 - 12GB Corsair Dominator - GTX275 - 1.5TB & 3TB (2x1.5TB RAID 0) for Video - Antec P183 + Corsair HX-750W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 - Firecoder Blu - PC3.05.91 - BDR-203 - TMW5 & TAW5
        Asus P6T i7 930 - 12GB Corsair - GTX260 - 1TB & 1TB WD Black for Video - Antec P183 + TPQ-850W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 w/HD Spark - BDR-205

Comment

Originally posted by Aristotelis View Post
          Thanks for the reply Khoi Pham...but that's not working for me...I tested it in v4.13, nothing happens when I hit the F2 and when i hit the end it just move the cursor to the end... :-(
          Oh sorry, that was my shortcut that I mapped, but click on F6 to change it to trim mode and then click on "Trim select roll" then use the < and > to move a clip 1 frame at a time.
          I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Check out the Edius 4.x tips thread posted by Mike Downey in this forum, there are a bunch of tips you might have missed. This one is explained there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristotelis View Post
              is there a way to move a clip frame by frame using the arrow keys (or any other shortcut!) instead of dragging it with the mouse?

A customer told me that he can do that with his Velocity system and I can't find a way to do it in Edius? I'm sure I'm missing something....
              in my case, I made F7 the shortcut for this, then each tap of the < or > moves the clip one frame (also, my F5, F6 are useful)
              http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...l-shortcut.gif
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
              X