Why does....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does....

Why does Edius lose its transistion when I change the speed of a clip linked to it, or if I drop a clip on a clip with the transistion?
    These 2 actions never happened in Rex/Storm Edit.

The problem is I can't find a way to 'copy' a transistion so at least I could paste it back.

Is there a way to copy a transistion without creating a temporary preset every time?
    Raja Singh
    Sadha Video
    UK
    1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
    2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
    3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
    Gigabit Ethernet

Try ticking 'extend clip when adding transition', and for the second, just copy the transition, and to apply it, place the curser between the clips, and hit 'ctrl +k ' that should do the copy paste for you.....I am not too sure if extending clip thing works, never did it, I keep it unticked

Comment

Originally posted by Alade View Post
      Try ticking 'extend clip when adding transition', and for the second, just copy the transition, and to apply it, place the curser between the clips, and hit 'ctrl +k ' that should do the copy paste for you.....I am not too sure if extending clip thing works, never did it, I keep it unticked
      Thanks for the response. Extend clips is unticked, but that is not the issue.
      I need a way to copy a transistion like was in Rex/Storm edit, and also when you have 2 clips with a transistion, the transistion disappears if you change the speed of any of the 2 clips, meaning you lose the transistion settings/fine tuning that you may have done.
      Raja Singh
      Sadha Video
      UK
      1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
      2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
      3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
      Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Are you using same-track transitions or transitions in the keyer line?

Comment

Yes, Edius has never held its transition with a speed change in single-track editing. Annoying to say the least.
          As I recall, Storm/Rex edit only offered 50% speed.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
            Are you using same-track transitions or transitions in the keyer line?
            Same track transistions. After fine tuning a transistion, eg. 3dpip, and then applying a speed change, the transistion is lost. I either have to temporarily save it or copy it to a dummy clip and copy it back. All it needs is a 'copy transistion' in the right-click context menu.

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            Yes, Edius has never held its transition with a speed change in single-track editing. Annoying to say the least.
            As I recall, Storm/Rex edit only offered 50% speed.
            It loses the transistion at any speed setting. Even when dropping in a clip in Rex/Storm, the transistion would take on the new clip automatically. Edius loses the transistion.

Very time consuming.
            Raja Singh
            Sadha Video
            UK
            Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Working...
            X