Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    • May 2007

Photos to Video & Edius

I had a client inquiring whether I knew of anyone in Regina, Saskatchewan, doing the kind of work I do, producing Photos to Video Shows, using Edius and Imaginate. If you know of anyone please email me at [email protected].

Thanks for helping Edius users serve the clientele in their region.

Ted
    Complete Video Image Productions
  • tingsern
    • May 2007

Well, that person can't be a recent purchaser of EDIUS system - because, I think - Imaginate is now no longer available for sale anywhere. I think it was stopped for about 1 - 2 years now.
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 10 WG, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 11 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema

Comment

• ExFool
      • Dec 2008

Not so!

This website is for sale! thomsongrassvalley.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thomsongrassvalley.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      Ervin @ www.AtlantaLegalVideo.com
      Edius Pro 8 with TMPGEnc plugins | Windows 10 Pro on Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | Asus Z97 | Intel i7-4970K @ 4 GHz | 32 GB RAM | 4 x 1080 monitors on NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB DDR5 | 1 x 1080 monitor on Intel HD 4600 | Storage: 3 x 4 TB drives + 1 x 16 TB archive; all drives network mirrored & automatically synched

Comment

• harveylexton
        • May 2007

Photodex. Proshow is the best bet and the easiest.

Comment

• Blast1
          • May 2007

Imaginate is now no longer available for sale anywhere
          You can still find copies on Ebay, although some are EDU/NPO copies
          GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
          HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
          DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
          Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

• Just_Edit
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Blast1
            You can still find copies on Ebay, although some are EDU/NPO copies
            Imaginate 2.0 is still current, alive and well. Though there are no new updates on it but is available through authorized GV dealers.

Comment

• plasma_video
              • May 2007

I think he's looking for someone in that area who HAS Edius and Imaginate to do some editing - that's my take on the post.

If the price is right, I'll move there for a couple of weeks!

Comment

• Deeter2
                • May 2007

We use Edius plus Imaginate very frequently. It is very versatile and allows large magnifications and controls for 1080p projects.
                Here is a test project where we only had stills available and managed to make a half decent video of it...
                Feel free to browse that pseudo-name account for other examples..

Comment

• Deeter2
                  • May 2007

ooops,
                  forgot to put the link!!

Test animation video at 720p encoded in WM VBR 3KBPS. The length is 1:30 and its size is 37 MB. Edited in Edius 4 and Imaginate. The music is by Sonic Fire Pro 4.…

Comment

• Mat Cain
                    • May 2007

imaginate - Edius 5

I realize that the original poster was asking about people using Imaginate in a particular area and I am not intending to hijack the thread here but I find the subject of Imaginate very interesting. I have always appreciated the simplicity of Imaginate - quick and easy and always gets great results. Doing the same thing in After Effects always seems slow in comparison. Even though I have found a few strange bugs Imaginate has been great. However, once it quit working easily with Edius (a few versions back) I began to be frustrated with Imaginate.

Recently I was told by someone (in Sales not tech support) at TGV that the features of imaginate were more or less being included in Edius via the layout feature. I haven't tried to make a montage via the layout feature (have any of you tries that?). Just looking at "layout" in Edius 5 it does seem to look a bit more like imaginate than previous verions, it hardly has the same features or tool set - perhaps this is being slowly implemented in upcoming versions (I hope so). Has anyone heard about this?

Mat

Comment

• Tobe
                      • May 2007

My experience so far with the layout tool in Edius 5.01 has been somewhat frustrating...I find the interface on Layout tedious and not at all intuitive...in contrast with the very intuitive feel of Imaginate. I'll stick with Imaginate and simply output avi files that work very well on the time line.
                      If they get layout to work like Imaginate, then we'll be all set.
                      Documentaries and Art Projects
                      Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
                      windows 10
                      284 gb SSD boot drive
                      2 TB work disc
                      2TB storage disc
                      EDIUS 9.52.6031
                      Many external project hard drives

Comment

• tingsern
                        • May 2007

You don't need to output AVI files from Imaginate for EDIUS to work. Just the IVP file is good enough.
                        TingSern
                        --------------------------------------
                        Edius 10 WG, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 11 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema

Comment

• Jerry
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by tingsern
                          You don't need to output AVI files from Imaginate for EDIUS to work. Just the IVP file is good enough.
                          I still prefer having that HD output with full alpha from the avi file out of Imaginate and Stage Tools. I'm not sure if the IVP plugin will do all that I need it to do with transistion movement and alpha.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• ollie
                            • Apr 2009

i dont understand why in the age of globalisation, we cant commission work internationally.

i can produce a 320x240 demo prior to finished products

I use a bit of imaginate here socially

The good videos have been removed but there is still some good stuff left. even though it says its removed, if you click PLAY the second time the Vlog videos will play

I hope i havent hijacked this thread too much ;)
                            Last edited by ollie; 04-18-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...