X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Oookay, we're waay off track now and I don't want to get into weird speculations.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Gone are the days when I could run down the hall and ask Hiro for a final decision on things.
    I like the idea that Hiro may buy the company back from Thomson...

Leave a comment:

• plasma_video
    replied
    Hahaha Yeah I wish...

but GV is a big company, so things take time.
    YEP! Servers, switchers, routers, editors, DAs, frame syncs, etc, etc, etc . . . . . . . .

And then there's Thomson.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Hahaha Yeah I wish...

Seriously though, we are aware of the information flow issues and are working hard to address them, but GV is a big company, so things take time. Gone are the days when I could run down the hall and ask Hiro for a final decision on things.

Leave a comment:

• plasma_video
    replied
    What, you are not in charge of the company? That's what Brandon led us to believe in the secret meeting at NAB in 2004 :-) Something said about he and Downey, independent wealth and being "silent partners" . . . . . . .

I thought something was fishy, cuz' Downey never was quite "silent", especially here.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Thank you. So long as you all appreciate that none of the moderators here have anything to do with products, or product information releases.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    it takes a bit before the Japanese sites gets it, so it's a two-way street. We're working on standardizing the flow - which is part of what's keeping us busy.
    Wouldn't it be nice if everybody would have a basic understanding of the English language :)

Myself, living in a Multilingual Country (Malay, Chinese, Indian, bit of English, and various dialects of all the above) I know hands on the problems associated with that.

To @LL GV Moderators, we do appreciate your work here, were just a bit impatient, due to the speed of the software we use every day, the news seems to take ages :)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by Crespel View Post
    Thank you Grass Valley - we are only dumb users and it makes absolutely no sense to give an information in this forum since the real customers are checking daily the news section of TGV.
    Well thanks for that.

Like it or not, we can only do what we can with the resources we have. The opposite happens for English-sourced information - it takes a bit before the Japanese sites gets it, so it's a two-way street.

We're working on standardizing the flow - which is part of what's keeping us busy.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorro View Post
    Dear Brandon, the Japanese info seems to be more in depth. Why not provide an English translation?
    English information will be coming. However, there's a good chance the software update itself will be available for consumption before too long..

Leave a comment:

• Crespel
    replied
    English press release went out on March 18th and is posted on the Grass Valley site.
    http://www.grassvalley.com/news/press/
    Thank you Grass Valley - we are only dumb users and it makes absolutely no sense to give an information in this forum since the real customers are checking daily the news section of TGV.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    English press release went out on March 18th and is posted on the Grass Valley site.
    Dear Brandon, the Japanese info seems to be more in depth. Why not provide an English translation?

Leave a comment:

• plasma_video
    replied
    does that mean we can "press" you for particulars :-)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    I think online translations will lead to confusion. :) I hope we get official 5.1 info soon. It looks promising judging from that Japanese website.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Originally posted by mattie View Post
    ... one other thing is that SPEED changes look like they are a filter now (as per user requests) so can be used as such
    I don't think that is quite how it translates.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X