Edius 5 encode problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 5 encode problem?

so im experimenting with version 5 in hdv - i downloaded the free 30 day trial - settings are 1440x1080 59.94 - feeding from an fx1 via the firewire - when i encode into the computer it's coming in fast - like it has a speed change of like 115% - same thing when i play the video back from the timeline?? Any thoughts?

Check you audio settings for your project, sounds like it is set on 48 Khz and your audio (original recording in the cam) is 44.1 Khz or less.

Can you check your original footage, from the info overlay on your cam you will be able to find the settings used while recording.

The project settings need to mach this in order for the sound to be played at the correct speed, this is changed with the audio sample frequency.

Normally this is 16 Bit / 48 Khz with 2 channels of audio, you are how ever able to change this in the camera to 12 bit / 32 khz, 16 Bit / 44.1 Khz, 2 or 4 channels of audio etc.

Comment

If you are using Edius or any NLE without hardware, and have just used Media Player or the like to play a 48 khz audio / video file, it is possible on rare occasions that your sound card is still locked to the 48 khz, when a 44.1 khz audio / video file is played it will be precieved as too fast due to the wrong sample rate conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
        Check you audio settings for your project, sounds like it is set on 48 Khz and your audio (original recording in the cam) is 44.1 Khz or less.

Can you check your original footage, from the info overlay on your cam you will be able to find the settings used while recording.

The project settings need to mach this in order for the sound to be played at the correct speed, this is changed with the audio sample frequency.

Normally this is 16 Bit / 48 Khz with 2 channels of audio, you are how ever able to change this in the camera to 12 bit / 32 khz, 16 Bit / 44.1 Khz, 2 or 4 channels of audio etc.
        I cant seem to find out on my cam - but how do i change it in edius - it says 48? I want to try lowering it?

Comment

How do the files play outside of Edius? (With VLC or Media Player)
          The FX1 is 48khz only.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

WOW---wanna hear the crazy answer - my realtek soundcard has a kereoke (SP??) mode that for some reason was turned on (never noticed it before as i've never used the speakers on this particular computer) and it had a pitch change of +2 - wow--how is that for crazy....and i just stumbled upon it as i was going through the audio settings!

Comment

Working...
            X