Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm
    replied
    Theoretically at least, write performance should not be an issue since unlike capture, exporting a sequence of frames has no performance threshold to try to live up to. The app should simply write out a frame, wait for it to finish, then write out the next one.

Another thing that makes me feel this is not drive performance related is that the entire export works: the crash occurs when the render window closes and focus tries to return to the Edius window.

Anyone with the latest v4.24 of Edius able to try exporting some .tifs from a 1080 clip?

Thanks!

M.

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    That might be an HD issue as well...
    exporting uncompressed still images might require a good write performance from the hard drive...
    Try to export in jpg and see if you get the same problem

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    I'm running 4.11 and I've just done sequences of 2 frames to 50 and used .psd and .tiff and all saved successfully and quickly.

Graham

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm
    replied
    Ok, ignore the part about the aliasing. The version of shake I have does a very poor job of displaying images when they are not 1:1. Hitting home makes the still display identically to what I would expect.

Phew, one thing scratched off the list :)

M.

Leave a comment:

• Anyone getting crashes with the still image exporter in v4.24

Hi all,

Can some of you try exporting a sequence of .tif files and tell me if Edius crashes for you at the end of the render?
    I just tried with targas and it crashes too.

Grrr....

I'm also finding that the resulting still images are more pixelated than the displayed clip in Edius. I see a very distinct increase in aliasing, as if there was less actual resolution or some sort of filtering missing in the still image.

I'd really appreciate some help with this: if anyone is willing to try this out and tell me they see it too, that would be a beginning!

Thanks!

Malcolm
Working...
X