DVCapture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVCapture

Hi Guys, it seems that DVCapture no longer works for me....dont know why, but I can see image on the output monitor, but not on the monitor in DVCapture, and when I try to capture, the counter does not move.....and nothing is recorded....I am using the version that came with Edius v5........any ideas?

Are you using FireWire or an EDIUS hardware?

Comment

I am using Edius v5 with the NX card,

Comment

Do you have the component output daughterboard as well?
        TingSern
        --------------------------------------
        Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

No, I dont, just the NX board, and all my connections are at the back of the ......the same way it was for the past 6+ years...Only difference is I am using NX instead of Storm.....It worked very well up until January when I tried to install DVCapture. It installed ok, opens ok, but just not capturing......No image is in the preview window on DVCapture, and the counter does not move, yet I see everything on my output monitor. I am forced to use Edius, which limits me to only 1(one) stream at a time....so I cant capture 3 streams as before when I was using Edius V4+....

Comment

Try microsoft dv camera and vcr as input selection (with deck connected to the NX)
            Last edited by SRsupport; 03-24-2009, 12:50 PM.
            Steve
            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

If you don't have the component daughterboard, you CANNOT use OHCI to capture your Firewire input.
              TingSern
              Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                If you don't have the component daughterboard.......
                We're talking about DV, not HDV right ?

Comment

Oh ... yes - I forgot about that aspect. NX card has DV codec on the chip. No need for daughterboard to do that.
                  TingSern

Comment

I had to read your post twice, not having done any DV for quite a while now.
                    You are forgiven :)

Comment

Hi, DVCapture works again....don't ask me what I did, cause I am not sure......I just did something that I found some years back from Videoguys about configuring my system for editing.....did that, installed DVCapture, and now it works as it should...capturing all 3 streams...my only concern now is, will it work in Windows 7....don't think I am going for Vista...windows7 is 2 close for me to watse money on a dead OS

Comment

Working...
                      X