File Size Estimator Gone in 5.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Size Estimator Gone in 5.01

In PCE I was able to go into advanced settings and adjust file size for outputting to DVD. Can't do it now with 5.01 print to file.
    Does Pro Coder 3 have any such option?
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Edius 7.53, Antec DF-85
    Corsair 850Watt P/S,ASUS P6X58DE,
    Intel Core i7 960 3.20 Ghz Bloomfield,Corsair 12 GB RAM TR3X6G1600C8D-R,PNY GeForce GTX570
    WD 600GB 10k RPM System Drive,
    WD Caviar Green Video Drives 1GBx2,G-Raid 2GB Backup Drive,Pioneer BDR-206 Blu Ray Drive

The option is still there but somehow hidden. Use the batch export frature and you will see the file size in the export window.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
      The option is still there but somehow hidden. Use the batch export feature and you will see the file size in the export window.
      That's good news, that it's still there, but strange that Canopus hide's all these Goodies, I think to many, this is an important feature.

As I never use Batch encoding, I would have grown old without knowing I had this feature, and grumble about it every time I export.

Thanks Zorro, will give it a try.

p.s. Similar weirdness in Procoder 3, when you use the wizard you have the file size estimation, but I (and many others) use the master setting which shows no size at all....................

Pre version 5.x it doesn't make sense the buy Procoder 3 and then use the wizard, as it results in only "highest quality" render settings (Mpeg2) might as well use the Procoder Express that comes with Edius.

IMHO Canopus software has lots of the inconsistencies that give one feature here, but the same thing they take out there.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Trying to get a dvd project out using Sony DVD Architect Pro trial version (better than MF & workshop) but I can't figure out how to go back to the previous chapter button after pressing the menu button on the remote control simulator, it's driving me crazy !!. I recently sold the Adobe CS3 prod suite on ebay. I was only using it for encore (which crashed alot!!) and a little AE.

DVDit Pro HD by sonic solutions looks pretty good.
        Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Edius 7.53, Antec DF-85
        Corsair 850Watt P/S,ASUS P6X58DE,
        Intel Core i7 960 3.20 Ghz Bloomfield,Corsair 12 GB RAM TR3X6G1600C8D-R,PNY GeForce GTX570
        WD 600GB 10k RPM System Drive,
        WD Caviar Green Video Drives 1GBx2,G-Raid 2GB Backup Drive,Pioneer BDR-206 Blu Ray Drive

Comment

Working...
        X