iPod encoding problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod encoding problems

I've been converting to mov files for uploading to You Tube, burning DVD's etc. by the dozen with no problems. However every time I try to output an iPod file the program freezes (although one time out of 10 try's it did not freeze but rendered the iPod file out of sync with video and audio).

Do a Google search for IPod conversion software, there is a heap of it out and some for free.

Steve
    Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Quicktime Pro does convert my videos to iPod compatible file format but it takes a long time to process the video.
      I would prefer to use Edius 5's typically much faster and much better encoding. Has anyone else had problems or successes converting to iPod?

Comment

I use a program call Badaboom, which you can find at this link, it is very very quick and the results are great, it also uses Cuda Technolgie with your Graphics card....
        http://www.badaboomit.com/

Steve
        Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Looks interesting. Is it really as fast as the video's show?....before I try it.

Also, don't I still have to convert what is on the timeline to a file so I can convert it with Badaboom? Seems to me that's what really takes the time. Hum, not sure about that.

Comment

Yes it is really fast, if you have a good Graphics card that supports Cuda you will notice it.

Steve

Comment

The problem may be with Edius encoding Mp4. Is there some kind of an issue for Edius. It is a little frustrating because Edius converts to so many other outputs flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by GuyS View Post
                The problem may be with Edius encoding Mp4. Is there some kind of an issue for Edius.
                It is a little frustrating because Edius converts to so many other outputs flawlessly.
                I find that Edius 5 DOES have a problem with encoding to mp4.

But when I use Procoder 3 from the Edius timeline the encoded mp4 file is excellent.

Bill
                GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
                www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by swsw1550 View Post
                  I use a program call Badaboom, which you can find at this link, it is very very quick and the results are great, it also uses Cuda Technolgie with your Graphics card....
                  http://www.badaboomit.com/

Steve
                  TMpgenc Xpress 4 is great too. And supports HQ AVI files.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp.html
                  Cheers,
                  Stuart.

Comment

Yeah I also use TMpgenc Xpress 4 which is great, but I prefer Baddaboom for Ipod or Iphone 3 conversions.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GuyS View Post
                      The problem may be with Edius encoding Mp4. Is there some kind of an issue for Edius.
                      It might be as Edius and Procoder perform similar, Rhozet Carbon Coder had recently an extensive update regarding various MP4 flavors, could be related .........

Comment

Working...
                      X