Time taken to regain focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time taken to regain focus

Has anyone noticed the time taken by Edius 5.01 to regain focus or is it just my system?
    eg when I use Quicktitler, save the title it then takes 9 seconds before i can do anything such as scrub the timeline.
    eg When autosave kicks in it prevents any operations for about 10 seconds.
    eg If I open, say, My Computer over Edius and then close it I dont get Edius back for 10 seconds.
    OK 10 seconds isnt much but it seems an age when in the middle of something.
    Didnt happen on 4.6 where its virtually instant.

Anyone else seen this?

Brett

sounds like its yr system - mine all works as you'd expect

Comment

How many video clips do you have open in the BIN? The more clips you have, the slower it gets. That's what I have observed.
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

is this in OHCI mode or in hardware mode such as NX or SP?
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by editpoint View Post
          When auto save kicks in it prevents any operations for about 10 seconds.
          When having 250 ~ 300 clips in the bin & timeline it takes between1~2 seconds to auto save when having 1 or 2 sequences, if the effects & filters are really stacked (with much more sequences) it will go to 4~5 seconds.

In 4.61 the auto save was transparent most of the time, in 5.01 I have decreased the auto save to 15 minutes now because it's annoying.

There are definitely smoothness & performance differences between 5.x and the smooth 4.61

Comment

HD - in NX mode. I don't use OHCI ...
            TingSern
            --------------------------------------
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Hi
              I am in NX mode.
              On investigation it does seem to be dependent on number of files in the bin. With only 1 file its virtually instant. With 100 files its about 9 seconds and is still 9 seconds with 200.

Its really annoying!

Comment

are the 100 files avi files captured with Edius or are they something else?
                Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

All captured with Edius. 16:9 SD

Comment

what mb have you set your memory usage for the NX? the default 128 or higher?

how many processes are running with edius open in Task manager? less than 30 or more than 30?
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi Anton
                      If you mean the RT buffers setting it is 128mb.
                      There are 45 processes running!

Comment

how much memory do you have and how much is available at the time of sluggishness with taskmanager open
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

2gb system with 1.2gb available

Comment

that is ok so far

except 45 processes running seems a lot, can you make taskmanager large enough to show all running processes, then make a screen shot and upload it here

there maybe a culprit amongst these processes
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

Task manager shot

Also I get a graphics corruption while waiting for focus. The other graphic is what i get when i have My Computer open over edius and then click on edius for focus. During the 9 second wait the screen doesnt refresh properly.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X