Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner Pinning

I just don't understand with all the wonderful upgrades they did to
    Edius still we have no corner pinning capabilities.

lauri
    Using Edius 6

I have certainly asked for it in the past.

Comment

what exactly is corner pinning? sounds like something nailed to the corner so it can't move?
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

yeah on the side of your house Anton, go and have a look....he he!

Steve
        Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          what exactly is corner pinning? sounds like something nailed to the corner so it can't move?
          Hi Anton

This link has a good demo of the function
          Last edited by TrackRanger; 02-21-2009, 04:21 AM.
          Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Comment

well that was a tutorial on motion tracking/image stabilization

similar to what Mercalli does in edius
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              well that was a tutorial on motion tracking/image stabilization
              similar to what Mercalli does in edius
              Hmmm Not quite the same as Mercalli. Mercalli stabilises the entire image. Corner pinning seems to create a set of keyframes that another image can use to track the movement of the first image. There's no real stabilisation involved, in fact, quite the opposite. Corner Pinning makes a second stable image move just as much as the first so that the two movements are synchronised.
              Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Comment

oh, I get you now
                Anton Strauss

Comment

At the beginning of the video do you see how he is pulling the
                  corners out one at a time? That is what I'm talking about.

It enables you to pull in or out one end point of a clip without having to manipulate the entire clip. Very useful for example if you were
                  trying to place an image in lets say a television that was not shot straight on and all you need to do is manipulate just one side
                  of the clip to make it fit seemlessly.

Lauri
                  Using Edius 6

Comment

I would do that in After Effects - then import the video into EDIUS. There is no video effect in EDIUS today to do that.
                    TingSern
                    --------------------------------------
                    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

New Blue has it in Video essentials III, I think they call it Image mapping. I'm not crazy about the controls but it works. I'd rather see it as part of the Layout tool.
                      I7 2660k, 32GB ram, nVidia 570, Win 10 Home

Comment

Working...
                      X