No titling facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No titling facility

I'm using 4.61 and can't install Title Motion Pro from my version 4.0 disc, but I seem to have lost QuickTitler as well in that the window doesn't open at all. I can even import a quicktitler caption, place it on the timeline and see it but can't open it or edit it in any way. In addition to that I get nothing when I click on colour bars or colour matte. Can anyone help me to find what's missing and tell me the best way to intall Titlemotion Pro please? I did try and repair install the other day, but to no avail!

Sounds real familiar to me....Maybe you have a virus on your PC......I had a similar problem a few years ago, installed an antivirus program, and found a worm.....couldn't clean it, so I had to do a reformat of my hard drive, and start all over from a clean drive...that happened from downloading an update, and caught the worm on my flash drive........so, that could be your problem,...COULD, not necessary the problem, but that is my guess.......but if you go to start, search for quicktitler, you may be able to open it as stand alone.....I have to do that since I am having some software conflicts.....just trying to help.
    O, another thing, sometimes installing conflicting software may hinder you, so U may just have to do a repair on all you Edius-related software.....in other words, reinstalling all, not just one part, starting from Edius first, then the plugins, and if that dont help, then....sorry, a reformat and reinstall of everything may be your only option.......
    Last edited by Alade; 02-16-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you need a total clean re-install of Edius. I seem to remember KH posting the definitive manual uninstall but cannot locate it. Perhaps someone has the link.

DD

Comment

Yes I can open it by going to start - programmes, so that's a step in the right direction at least! I'll check for a virus over lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by rallyman2007 View Post
          Yes I can open it by going to start - programmes, so that's a step in the right direction at least! I'll check for a virus over lunch.
          Good, after the virus check and you still have the problem, then, a reinstall of Edius, and all plugins and supported software is your next step, and if That don't solve the problem, then backup everything on another drive, and do a full reformat of the hard drive, and reinstall everything from scratch.......testing as you go...some dll proberly got screwed....that is the world of PCs.....works great, turn off, restart, and enter the world of hell....literally...just the way things happens sometimes....

Comment

Working...
          X