Do I have this workflow right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have this workflow right?

Tomorrow I have to shoot a wedding in a church that is dark as a cave. I have Canon A1 cams. I was thinking of shooting the ceremony at 24p more for the extra stop of light than for the film look and feel. I was going to shoot the rest of the day at regular 60i.

When I go to edit do I just drop the 24p clips in my regular 60i project and edit the 3 cams with multicam and all works fine? Will I need to create a project just for the ceremony at 24p and export out of there to a different framerate?

How does all that fit together on a regular DVD with the different framerates? Will it mess me up in the bluray authoring process.

Sorry if the questions sound dumb...I have occasionally watched 24p threads and know enough to be dangerous but haven't really become and expert on how all the pieces would mix together with multiple frame rates in post production. Just never really felt the need to pay too much attention to it. I would switch to all 24p all the time except I use a fair amount of slo mo in some of my highlights and the 60i is just better at it. I can live with 24p slo mo for a ceremony though.

Thanks for any insight.
    Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

I won't mix different framerates on single timeline in EDIUS. I have no idea if this will cause you problems - but, it looks not right.

For low light - can't you bring your own video light in OR use a slower shutter speed (if you can get the couple to stand still :-) ...).

If you want slow mo, just overcrank the recording - oops ... I don't know if your Canon A1 can do that.
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

For a ceremony at a wedding a light is not an option .... EVER. You have to work with what you are presented with regarding light. At the reception I do have a light up high to put by a DJ light for indirect and a small on cam light for my closeups so we are ok there. It's the ceremony where I am kinda stuck.

I played with some footage I shot at the rehearsal tonight. I imported with the 23.98 for Canon camcorders and then exported to a 23.98 over 59.94i 2332 pull down and the resulting file looked pretty good. It appears I will have to do the ceremony on a 24p timeline and export to a new master file and import into the rest of the project unless someone has a better way to do it. I'm hoping light will be better with the sun coming through the stained glass windows. It was dark tonight. Then I won't have to worry.

I was curious what would happen when authoring the DVDs and whether I can mix the 24p footage and the 60i footage. I guess I could always export the 24p timeline to regular HDV and author that way.

Just some questions I had since I never worked with 24p before.
      Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

I do not think so

You should match project settings to frame rates if you want the output to look like you intended. Use two projects; one at 24P (project settings) and a second at 60i. When you render them individually you will have to butt them together bsfore you write to your BR DVD. If you do not do this then you loose the 24P frame rate in your output.

Comment

Working...
        X