Edius to Flash Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tingsern,

Thanks for the ideas. I understand. I will experiment.

My only concern with MPEG4 (other than filesize) is how easy this will be playable by the clients compared to WMVs? I think that FLASH now plays h264 files so perhaps I could go the FLASH route which would make my life easier in the interactive authoring department. I'll investigate.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Mike Truly; 02-05-2009, 05:13 PM.
    Sincerely,

Mike Truly
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Truly Media
    www.trulymedia.com

System1: Edius 7.41|Storm Mobile|Dual Xeon 3.1 (20 cores w HT OFF)|128GB RAM|Dual 512 SSDs|7TB RAID5|Dual Quadro5000s|Win7_64

System2: EdiusNX+Exp|Edius 6.03|Procoder3|XP32|Dual Xeon 3.6|4GB RAM|U320 RAID0 15K

Comment

Tingsern,

So if I was going to experiment with converting my 1280x720 HQ file to H264 in Edius or Procoder3, which Target format Should I be looking for?

Thanks!
      Sincerely,

Mike Truly
      Truly Media
      www.trulymedia.com

System1: Edius 7.41|Storm Mobile|Dual Xeon 3.1 (20 cores w HT OFF)|128GB RAM|Dual 512 SSDs|7TB RAID5|Dual Quadro5000s|Win7_64

System2: EdiusNX+Exp|Edius 6.03|Procoder3|XP32|Dual Xeon 3.6|4GB RAM|U320 RAID0 15K

Comment

Currently my problems relate to the desire to simply add an interactive interface to my WMV presentation. I would have preferred using/learning FLASH to make the interface... but it seems that FLASH will only play FLVs and not WMVs... pity. I am struggling with MultiMediaBuilder at the moment to make this happen. The app is fine for creating the basic interactivity that I need, but there are no drag-n-drop video playback controls so making the video control buttons are a real hassle.
        Gday Mike.
        This is very off the wall and probably won't work even it does suit your needs.
        Certainly no direct Mac compatibilty that you desire.

Compose a MS Word Doc in similiar fashion to a DVD menu. ie
        - import thumbnails to the page
        - insert a hyperlink to the respective wmv the thumbnail relates to (this is where the fun can start or stop depending on the link you provide)
        - add a brief description under the thumbnail and link or edit the link to the description.

I can see this could work if they have MS Word (a caveat if they don't) and the links are on an external site and they are online (another caveat).

If the hyperlink in a 'transported/transmitted file' - say with wmv attachments) can 'come from' and 'go to' a location that is the same on all computers such as shared files would the link hold? Don't know.
        That way maybe ie no reliance on internet, rather the file is on computer/s. Hyperlink is the problem re interactivity.
        Getting away a bit now from forum rules moderators, sorry.

Very off the wall thinking for a solution as I say.
        peterC
        ---------------------
        Edius 3 v3.62 beta / DVRexRT cards
        (Please don't throw stones, it works!)
        Edius 9 v3

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Truly View Post
          Tingsern,

So if I was going to experiment with converting my 1280x720 HQ file to H264 in Edius or Procoder3, which Target format Should I be looking for?

Thanks!
          Mike,

I tried using EDIUS and ProCoder3 - but, for the life of me, I can't find any preset to work with 25p over 50i. (I am in PAL land, you see). Every one that is shipped are meant for 60Hz voltage, not 50Hz. So, I ended using Adobe Converter CS4 - since that one allows me to modify the parameters to 50Hz version.

So sorry - I can't help you here, because I operate in 50Hz only ... have no knowledge about those 60Hz presets. You have to ask other people from US/Canada who have better knowledge of that.
          TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

peterC,

Thanks for the ideas.

Ideally, when my interactive presentation (just a menu page and video player pages - one for each video) runs... I want the option for it to display in a standard window or not (taking over the whole screen showing no window items). That way, I control the look of the presentation with no distracting computer stuff around the edges. An interactive authoring app is the best way to get this.

MultiMediaBuilder was about 90% of the way there... but the way you have to code the video controls to work is very cumbersome. FLASH is far easier to use and comes with pre-made video controllers and you can also make your own controllers if desired (without as much coding as in MMB). It is also far more 'Artist Friendly' so will be easier for me to use. So I will test this out when I get done with my current project.

Thanks again.
            Sincerely,

Mike Truly
            Truly Media
            www.trulymedia.com

Comment

Tingsern,

Thanks for the ideas. I have since been experimenting more with making H264 in PC3. I am using the Quicktime target and setting up the H264.

All is working fine on this and the filesize is in the neighborhood of the WMVs. The only issue is that all the H264s made look like they have a gamma adjustment going on in the Quicktime encoder somewhere. The images all look washed out compared to the WMVs made from the same source. There is a setting for gamma in the PC3 preset and I have tried it on the different settings but all the results look washed out still.

I am now experimenting with adding a Gamma adjustment to the target and this is working and bringing the images back to match the WMV results. But it adds a huge hit to the encoding times.

(**on other forums that I participate in, I have seen mentioned that Quicktime always messes with the gamma when making files and I think this is an example of that).

I am also experimenting with Mediacoder to do the encodes and it is MUCH faster than PC3. So we'll see how that works out.

Thanks again.
              Sincerely,

Mike Truly
              Truly Media
              www.trulymedia.com

Comment

Working...
              X