My player screen remains black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My player screen remains black

Can anyone tell me what I possible do wrong In my settings, because when I drag a Clip over In the player, the PLR screen stay black.
    In Recorder screen the picture remains frozen, and only In My conected TV screen It Is running smootly.

This sounds like a graphics driver problem.
    peterC
    ---------------------
    Edius 3 v3.62 beta / DVRexRT cards
    (Please don't throw stones, it works!)
    Edius 9 v3

Comment

First check the overlay-settings in Edius => try the different options, 1 should work, if not => check the drivers etc.
      Edius X - Edius 9.52 Pro - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

Originally posted by fingerpain View Post
        Can anyone tell me what I possible do wrong In my settings, because when I drag a Clip over In the player, the PLR screen stay black.
        In Recorder screen the picture remains frozen, and only In My conected TV screen It Is running smootly.

Are you using a NX Card?

Mike

Comment

??

What the format of the clip?
          What's the sys specs? especially the Grfx card..
          ¤ž€ß¤

Comment

Nope! No luck

Originally posted by Bart View Post
            First check the overlay-settings in Edius => try the different options, 1 should work, if not => check the drivers etc.
            Niether of the 3 overlay works in either of the two screens.
            When I came In to the program at first, before I even configered the setting, It was runing Okay. After that the player remained black and the record was frozen. I use a Radeon x1300 512 Mb.

Comment

Radeon x1300 512 Mb

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
              Are you using a NX Card?

Mike
              I use a Radeon x1300 512 Mb, It was runing until I configured the settings, as recomended.

Comment

I get avi clips from a master tape

Comment

I use a Radeon x1300 512 Mb, It was runing until I configured the settings, as recomended.
                  Sorry, I misunderstod U, I use a DVstorm-RT cart

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstod U, I use a DVstorm-RT cart
                    in that case, you should have options to try many overlay settings

keep in mind that after every change you must restart Edius in order to see the change
                    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...y-settings.gif
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

If you have an nVidia graphics card, you may have accidentally (or purposely) turned the overlay settings for the card to VMR. If you did, your Edius preview window will have nothing in it. Dead. Black.

So, in case this has happened, - for XP - go to Control Panel/display/Advanced/GeForce (or whatever), and check the video overlay settings. If it shows the "enable VMR" setting is checked, uncheck it.

Just to make life difficult, different drivers may have different interfaces. In this case, try right clicking on the desktop and left clicking on any nVidia entry you see.

There could be many other reasons you have a dead preview window, but this is one definite cause if you have an nVidia card like the 6600 or 7600 series.

Hope you get your display back.

Comment

Working...
                      X