Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot slide through project edius 4.51

How to describe a problem, so that it is clear? I'll try:

in Edius 4.51 i have a problem using the slider to slide from left to right along the timeline.
    This is the case when i want to change the the part in the timeline i'm working on to a part not visible in the current view.
    (this happens if the timeframe is 2 sec and the project is several minutes)
    So i cannot left-click and hold onto the slider and slide it from left to right and vv.

If i want to move along the timeline i have to click to the left or right of the slider, then the timeline 'jumps'. Or i have to use the small arrows and the ends of the timeline and it moves.

same problem occurs when i want to scroll through the effects pallette. I have to click my way up and down.

has this to do with my mouse
    or is this something within edius
    or my dvstorm?

thankx
    wim

that reminds me of the easy way to move a speed razor timeline by right click and drag :(

now in Edius, try this:

click the minute TC display in recorder window and scroll the mouse
    or
    click the seconds TC display in recorder window and scroll the mouse

you will like
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

First you need to left mouse click and drag the cursor by clicking on the little triangle part of the cursor that is in the ruler section of the timeline.

The easiest way to get to apart of the timeline that is past the viewing part is to hold the CTRL key down and scroll your mouse wheel "up". You will see that the timeline increments will increase. Scroll to where you can see the part you are looking for, move your cursor there, then reverse the process by CTRL and mouse wheel scrolling down until you get to your normal timeline increments (we use 1 sec)

Comment

Sorry, Anton, my way is faster ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
          Sorry, Anton, my way is faster ;-)
          but I also have a fast way

I made F12 shortcut key to show all

then I click where I want to be and press F11 (my shortcut for viewing 5frames)

the Speed Razor way was the best of all editing software on the planet
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            but I also have a fast way

I made F12 shortcut key to show all

then I click where I want to be and press F11 (my shortcut for viewing 5frames)

the Speed Razor way was the best of all editing software on the planet
            My way is one key and mouse wheel scrolling (which can be done simultaneously), your's has 3 mouse licks and you increments are limited to to your keyboard assignment

Comment

My way is one key and mouse wheel scrolling (which can be done simultaneously), your's has 3 mouse licks and you increments are limited to to your keyboard assignment
              your way is good but it has one annoying part, the "fit" should be at the end of the list and not in between 1 second and 2 second view modes
              Anton Strauss

Comment

The "fit" is floating and appears at whatever point the entire timeline can fit on the timeline. It is a bit like Houdini and can appear at any time ;-)

Comment

The "fit" is floating and appears at whatever point the entire timeline can fit on the timeline. It is a bit like Houdini and can appear at any time ;-)
                  I wish you could have tried that in Speed Razor, boy do I miss that function
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

I got the same sliding problem...

Can't slide through the entire GUI - Effects, Timeline, ETC... WHY?

:-(

Comment

I've found a solution

It's rather a bug in Edius or Windows.. Check this out:

I'm left handed so my mouse properties are reveresed.

When you install Edius in this matter, the slider is disabled.

I know it sounds funny, but when installing Edius , you must

check back that mouse option, to the default posion.

after install complete, return to your favorite mouse choices.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdangor View Post
                        It's rather a bug in Edius or Windows.. Check this out:

I'm left handed so my mouse properties are reveresed.

When you install Edius in this matter, the slider is disabled.

I know it sounds funny, but when installing Edius , you must

check back that mouse option, to the default posion.

after install complete, return to your favorite mouse choices.
                        Sounds like Edius is not recognising the buttons correctly in the left=handed mouse settings. If you're saying it works when the mouse is in the right-handed mode and stops working in the left-handed mode, then you may need to report it to GV.

Pat and Anton, I think I may have an even quicker way! I have the letter 'Q' set to '1 sec' zoom, 'W' set to '5 secs' and 'E' set to 'Fit to timeline'. This way I don't have to take my hand off the mouse (or travel the extra distance with my left hand to F11, F12), and don't need to count my mouse wheel scroll turns and look at the zoom level. I have the number '1' assigned to set the focus to track 1VA. So the 1, Q,W,E, A, S are all within the same area.
                        So, press 'E', scroll to where you want and press 'Q' or 'W' and you're zoomed in again.

I wish GV would make the scrolling by dragging the timeline cursor more smoother and faster (liek Rex/Storm edit).
                        Last edited by Raja; 09-04-2009, 07:17 AM.
                        Raja Singh
                        Sadha Video
                        UK
                        1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
                        2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
                        3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
                        Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Working...
                        X