New build ACEDVio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build ACEDVio

I am having a strange problem, I have a ACEDVio and its running on a "hackintosh" under OSX it works fine but I cant output under Windows. Last night I did a total rebuild of my system and re-installed Windows etc. everything was running great as it always does on a new build. The AVC card stared to work again under Windows too. Well after I put the finishing touches on (Adorage, Nero,etc. ) I noticed it again doesnt work. The last thing I put on was this Vista transformation pack I got that makes XP look like Vista. I think it MAY have messed up my card. Any ideas on how to get it back without a re-install?
    Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

If it worked when you initially installed Windows and stopped working later, then something must've taken over.

My first guess would be one of the Nero applications...

Comment

Nero? Really? o.k. i'll try removing it its version 8 with all the bells and whistles.

Thanks
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

The Nero burning module should be OK, but the video editing/authoring module is known to cause problems. I would uninstall Nero, and then do a custom install of just the burning module.

Comment

I tried removing Nero but still no go, maybe the damage is already done.
          Randy

Comment

You could try a Repair install of Windows, but you'll need to reapply your Service Pack and any subsequent Windows updates afterware.

Comment

o.k. different question, Since im going to have to do a rebuild anyway. Is it worth putting VISTA on yet? I have VISTA home premium.
              Randy

Comment

If you're using EDIUS Pro or EDIUS Broadcast, no as they aren't qualified for Vista yet.

Comment

yeah I think XP is still best. The crappy part is it takes the better part of a day to do the install. Then I need to find out what is causing the card not to work. So if I accidentally install the program again I need to start over.
                  Randy

Comment

Create Restore Point before you install each app?

Comment

Runs fine on vista 64bit with the ACEDVio card installed here! Never had a problem.
                      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

o.k. weird, it just started working. Maybe I didnt restart after removing Nero. Ya know I was wondering could it be Firefox? I know Edius wont output when its in the background maybe Firefox is in the forground even when its not.
                        Randy

Comment

Working...
                        X