X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by AmuroRey View Post
    Again I don't understand, I want to know why I need a TBC o something other with ADVC when an USB unit doesn't need one ?
    And Again can you explain to Rekeo or Canopus or GV that the Warranty of my ADVC will be longer of one month because for one month the support was closed for holiday ?
    Could you tell me at with person a can ask that in Canopus, because in Italy the distributor is missing ?
    I am fairly certain that the ADVC110 has more than a 1-month warranty period. In fact, it should be at or more than one year. But it can vary by region.

I know your replay, so now you can close the post
    Getting irritated at the people who are trying to help isn't very useful or productive. Your statement that you know what the repsonse will be is silly. If you knew what the response was, then why make the post?

Regardless, calm down and send your complaint to [email protected].

Now I will grant your wish and close this thread so others that have been trying to assist you don't feel insulted and lash back at you.

Leave a comment:

• AmuroRey
    replied
    Again I don't understand, I want to know why I need a TBC o something other with ADVC when an USB unit doesn't need one ?
    And Again can you explain to Rekeo or Canopus or GV that the Warranty of my ADVC will be longer of one month because for one month the support was closed for holiday ?
    Could you tell me at with person a can ask that in Canopus, because in Italy the distributor is missing ?
    Or for you is it normal thai I take somthing, I payed for it, and I will be able to use it ONLY when support will be available ?
    I payed also for all these 30 days ...

I know your replay, so now you can close the post

Thanks

Luca
    Last edited by AmuroRey; 08-19-2008, 08:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Ok, this has gone on far enough.

We (being the collective forum) have determined that either:

1. Your source footage is too destabilised for capture via the ADVC, without additional equipment

or

2. The ADVC unit itself is faulty

To address #2 you will need to either arrange a replacement from the point of purchase, or with the distributor, Rekeo. WE CANNOT ARRANGE A SUPPORT RMA VIA THE FORUM.

Please be advised that any breaking of forum rules and guidelines will be dealt with - this includes slanderous remarks concerning Thomson, its resellers and other forum patrons (staff or otherwise).

I am happy to let this thread continue, but only if you agree to keep your responses on-topic, relative to the assistance being provided here. Otherwise, I have no choice but to close this down.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• AmuroRey
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    TV's are very forgiving when it comes to time base errors, if your TV has underscan, you possibly see the errors right at top with the picture bending to the right with a horizontal jitter

another cheap option for you is to hire a Digital8 handycam for a day, it will play regular Hi8 tapes with stable output to firewire

I am also sure that the Line Time Base Corrector of the 300 will work
    Sorry but I really don't understand why an USB converter, that cost less than an half of the ADVC-55, probably it's working better than Canopus unit ... Sorry but I can't understand !
    Is like to say that a car with 50 horses is faster than a car with 500 horses !
    I also don't know why GV man doesn't answare any more to my post ...
    If they are working for GV, he can contact support office to advice that a customer have live "some" support requests ...
    I really don't understand that, we are in a Canopus forum so is NOT possible to tell something "wrong" about GV and Canopus ?
    I only told that the Italian support of Canopus/GV (Rekeo) products are bad, but I think that anyone can think that if the support will be close for a month for holiday is not good support
    I write 5 or 6 support requests, via web module, and also write E-Mail to Canopus and Rekeo NO ONE RELAY, I don't know haw can I do to have the REGULAR WARRANTY SUPPORT

Luca
    Last edited by AmuroRey; 08-18-2008, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    TV's are very forgiving when it comes to time base errors, if your TV has underscan, you possibly see the errors right at top with the picture bending to the right with a horizontal jitter

another cheap option for you is to hire a Digital8 handycam for a day, it will play regular Hi8 tapes with stable output to firewire

I am also sure that the Line Time Base Corrector of the 300 will work
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 08-18-2008, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AmuroRey
    replied
    it has Line Time Base Correction which is better than no TBC (it should fix your problem)

the best TBC is a Full Frame TBC
    Sure but a full TBC is avery expensive unit for my puprpose ...
    I want only to reverse my old Hi8 tape on a DVD and I take a Canopus ADVC-55 because I think will be working bettere that all the cheaper USB conversion unit you can find on the market ... but know I know that it's not true !
    ADVC-55 is exactly like cheaper USB conversion unit, and for me a little worse ...
    Could you explain better why if I see the tape on a TV a I can see it well and if I try to reversit on a PC I need a TBC unit ?

Thanks

Luca

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Thanks but I need one with S-VHS IN
    The ADVC-300 is TBC ?
    it has Line Time Base Correction which is better than no TBC (it should fix your problem)

the best TBC is a Full Frame TBC

Leave a comment:

• AmuroRey
    replied
    Thanks but I need one with S-VHS IN
    The ADVC-300 is TBC ?
    Last edited by AmuroRey; 08-17-2008, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    TBC = Time Base Corrector

Hi8 is analogue recording and full of time base errors

I use a Time Base Corrector for all analogue tape capture, gives perfect results

you can buy cheap ones and expensive ones

see if you can find a For-A unit on ebay, they are great and you may get one for less than $1000 these days

Leave a comment:

• AmuroRey
    replied
    The ADVC-55 is a basic unit that does not have Time Base Corrector

if a tape has time base errors, frames will be dropped

I suggest getting a unit with a TBC or buy an independent TBC that you can connect between player and ADVC-55
    TBC ?
    Could you explain bettere that ?
    But could you explain why directly on a TV I can see the tape corretly ?
    It's very intresting ...

Thanks

Luca

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I done the test and I can see and I can ear what the Vide Canon filming BUT the lost frame during the play back of a tepa remain !
    I'm tring so manuy program but I can't find a solution !
    Nobody from the forum can help me and also Canopus is missing !
    I think I will sell my ADVC-55 in eBay and I will take a more cheaper product with a seriuos support and that is working ...

I wrote a messagge to Canopus Support, but till now no replay
    I wrote a message to local Canopus distributor (I found in the Canopus Web Site) and the E-Mail address it's WRONG (!! yes it's WRONG !!)
    I really don't know HOW to do !

PLEASE, if some one know a person that works in Canopus or GV Thomson that can help me PLEASE LET ME KNOW ...

Luca
    The ADVC-55 is a basic unit that does not have Time Base Corrector

if a tape has time base errors, frames will be dropped

I suggest getting a unit with a TBC or buy an independent TBC that you can connect between player and ADVC-55

Leave a comment:

• AmuroRey
    replied
    You are right but I think you understand very well my feeling after I take a unit that, I repeat, in Italy cost's 220,00€ (!!!!) because will be the BEST unit for import analog video and that dosen't WORK !
    But can happen, the unit is made in China, is a pice of electronic, so a problema may be possible ... OK ... but do you think is a good publicity to Canopus/Thomson to distribute the products in Italy via a company that is closed for holiday for one MONTH ??!!??
    I don't think so
    Canopus made also unit that in Italy cost thousands of Euro's, professional unit, and I think that cunstomer that spent so much WANT more !
    But also that I can understand, BUT why no one answered my support request that I compiled a week later on the official Canopus web site ??
    Is it normal for you ?
    For me NO !
    I don't know how Canopus unit are ditributed in your country but I'm sure in a better way than Italy and sure with a good support

Luca A.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Luca,

1. The distributor is Rekeo (www.rekeo.it) - they are on summer vacation and will return at the end of the month. Thomson Grass Valley has no control over this scheduling. While it is unfortunate, it simply is something we cannot change.

2. These forums are not an official means of support - what that means is that no employees are bound to visit and contribute to the questions that are posted to it. This is a peer-based forum, and so the replies are going to more often that not, be from fellow users of the product.

While I appreciate that you are frustrated with your support issue, I would suggest that approaching the problem with a bit more restraint and politeness will better your chances at getting answers during the time that the distributor office is closed.

Leave a comment:

• AmuroRey
    replied
    I am not familiar with your camera, but I want you tu turn it on and point it towards the wall or something and make sure you see this vision in the viewfinder

now connect the S-Video cable to your 55 and see if you can capture
    I done the test and I can see and I can ear what the Vide Canon filming BUT the lost frame during the play back of a tepa remain !
    I'm tring so manuy program but I can't find a solution !
    Nobody from the forum can help me and also Canopus is missing !
    I think I will sell my ADVC-55 in eBay and I will take a more cheaper product with a seriuos support and that is working ...

I wrote a messagge to Canopus Support, but till now no replay
    I wrote a message to local Canopus distributor (I found in the Canopus Web Site) and the E-Mail address it's WRONG (!! yes it's WRONG !!)
    I really don't know HOW to do !

PLEASE, if some one know a person that works in Canopus or GV Thomson that can help me PLEASE LET ME KNOW ...

Luca

Leave a comment:

• AmuroRey
    replied
    I will do it and let you know the results

Luca

Leave a comment:

Working...
X