ADVC110 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVC110 Help

I just recived my ADVC110 and I'm having a slight problem.

I have my VTR conected to the ANALOG inputs and my Canon ZR950 miniDV conected to the front DV connection. The ADVC110 is set to DV IN. When I open either Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, or EDIUS Neo I can't get any video from my Canon either live or tape, but if I unplug the VTR (which is turned off) from the ADVC110 everything works fine. The manual on page 12 shows in DIGITAL IN mode the input Analog signal is ignored. Is this true? My DIP switches are set to 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are set to OFF and 2 is on.

Thanks for any help
    Mark

Pass through of the DV device is not supported with your equipment - connect directly to the FireWire port to capture from the Canon.

Comment

I don't think I made myself clear.

Thanks for the reply GrassValley_KH. From you answer I don't think I made myself clear with what I'm doing, so I will try again.

My Canon ZR950 camcorder has a 4 pin fire wire connection which is plugged into the 4 pin fire wire connection on the front of the ADVC110 then the 6 pin fire wire connection on the back of the ADVC110 is plugged into the 6 pin fire wire connection on my computer. This is working just fine for live recording or recording the tape in the camcorder to my computer. It looks like it is working as a pass through device.

The issue is when I have this setup and then I plug in my Fisher VHS tape recorder to the ADVC110 RCA analog inputs on the front of the box to copy some old VHS tapes. My DV Canon connection is lost. The selection button on the ADVC110 is set to DV IN.

The manual on page 12 shows in DIGITAL IN mode the input Analog signal is ignored. I read this as "If anything is connected to the Analog inputs the ADVC110 will not look at these inputs for any type of connection and will ignore them, so anything connected to the DV 4 pin fire wire input should still work."

I'm I reading this wrong? or should I contact Tech support?
      Thanks for any info

Comment

Working...
      X