Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVC-300 Can Not Be Found

Hey Guys,

So I bought a used ADVC-300, got it home, plugged it in to my computer, expecting the best, and found I had something less. I was not able to preview the incoming image, video from a DVX-100 camera, consistantly. It would come and go, lock-up, etc. I came to this forum and someone suggested getting a new firewire card for a similar problem. I did, installed it, plugged in the ADVC-300 and success all was working great......for a while.

All of a sudden my computer doesn't want to boot and I find that when I remove the firewire card all is well. After much frustration I find that the way the card is plugged in is crucial to whether it works or not. BTW it's a cheap card made by a company called Ultra. After exchanging the card and experiencing the same problems with it, I finally get it to work with my external HD consistantly, but the ADVC-300 has never worked again and when I open the picture control software it says "ADVC-300 can not be found". I've tried everything I know to do, turning the power to the ADVC-300 on and off, exchanging firewire ports and cables, etc. but to no avail.

So now I wonder if I've damaged the ADVC-300. Is there a way to determine this? Can I "ping" it somehow to confirm that the firewire port is working, or does it just have to be sent in for repair?

Thanks,

Ken Dabek
    West End Recording

You can't 'ping' it as such, but a normal, functioning ADVC300 unit should immediately signal a 'DV device connected' prompt once you turn it on and connect it to a Windows PC.

If that does not happen (and certainly, if no lights are on) then there is a good chance the unit has a fault. A call to tech support should set you back on track.

Comment

Working...
    X