Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording TO a VHS tape from iMovie

I want to record from iMovie TO my VCR.

I've chosen Share to Video Camera in iMovie and I've got my firewire connected to my ADVC110, I've got my three wire red, white, yellow connected to the ADVC110 video and audio output. The other end is connected to my VCR red, white and yellow input.

When I hit record on the VCR and share from iMovie I get nothing when I play the tape back.

Any suggestions?

Are you using the front or the back connectors of the ADVC-110? The front are IN, and the back OUT I believe.

Comment

The back are labeled "out" those are the ones I'm using.

I would have thought this would be a no-brainer

Comment

did you select AV input on the VCR remote
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Not using a remove, but there is an "input" button on the front of the VCR, it's either Ch03, L1 or L2. I would think it would be L1 or L2, but I didn't get anything.

Do you think the TV/VCR button affects anything?

Comment

make sure there is a video signal at the converter output by connecting a monitor directly

L1 or L2 will mean line 1 or line 2

so the VCR may have 2 line inputs? the rear one is usually L1 and the front one usually L2

TV/VCR switch needs to be on VCR
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

TV/VCR shouldn't matter (it affects what the VCR outputs, not its input).

However, since it sounds like you have a TV connected, why not connect the TV directly to the ADVC's outputs?
              Once you can see output on the TV, then you can connect the output to your VCR and record it. Beats having to record and play the tape each time.

Not sure the "Share to Video Camera" function does though... If it's designed to export to a DV camera, then make sure Device Control is enabled, and that the ADVC is in Digital In mode.

Comment

OK, I got it. I used the "input" jacks on the back of the VCR and it worked just fine and I use Line 1.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                X