ADVC110 PALN Black and white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVC110 PALN Black and white

Trying to digitalize PAL N VHS (from Argentina) with Vegas Video or LET´S EDIT(provided with ADVC110) image is ok but black and white.
    I tried the same whith my video camera from spain (PAL B I think) and I can see the image in colour

ADVC110 recognize PAL N? or happens the same as NTSC that should be a true NTSC (3.58 I think)?

I´ve used two different VHS players AUDINAC AR-608 PAL N/NTSC and RCA VT-N781 PAL N/NTSC that gives "true" PAL N signal. In both cases I used RCA conectors.

what´s going on?

Thank you, Rouch.

ADVC expects true NTSC 3.58, if it's getting NTSC.

Comment

I said I´m working with PAL N so the the switch selector on ADVC110 is set on PAL of course.

I was looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL#PAL-N and says that in PAL B the colour subcarrier frequency is 4.433618 MHz and PAL-N (like NTSC) is 3.582056 MHz

May be that´s the problem?

As I remember I ask CANOPUS and they told me ADVC110 works with PAL N

Does anybody know how to solve this problem, update firmware?

Comment

I could be wrong, but I don't think PAL M and PAL N are supported? At least they weren't back in the DVRex days, but that was a long time ago.

Comment

I´ve contacted CANOPUS tech support and they say it works with PAL N.
          So I don´t understand what´s going on...

They have to respond me to anothe issues related to this problem, I´m gonna posted then

If anyone knows anything else, welcome...

thanks

Comment

Transcoder

I had the same problem and solved it with a transcoder that I bought here in Buenos Aires: the name is NIC TNA-2141 Transcorder Pal B/N-N/B Automático.
            It converts the N signal to B and viceversa

Comment

Working...
            X