Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    TBC-1000 is the lowest end Datavideo has - there are no adjustment controls on it (I have one). Just to be sure, make sure the unit's power supply is plugged in (and getting power).

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    all my TBC have Y and C and black level controls

are you sure your TBC has no adjustments? if so, trade it in

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well this never ends. So I now have a TBC-1000 unit and no longer have the wavy lines. Now I have another problem. The color and brightness of the resulting video is off when put thru the TBC-1000 then straight thru the ADVC110. Now DataVideo is telling me I need something called a "detail enhancer". Does anyone have links to what these things are? I know I have said it before, however chances are this is it. The tapes are just not worth all this frustration and money. Basically the whites are dull and the skin tones on people are more red than natural. I think this could be fixed with my Sony Vegas 8 NLE software just not sure exactly how to do it if that is the answer. I believe I have adjusted things a bit by using the levels plugin to enhance the darks and the lights, but facial tones are still a bit red.

JR

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Like with scalers, there are differences. The black wavy lines sound like some kind of electrical interference to me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Yes, I'd stick with what you have.
    I'm not sure yet if my curiosity will get the better of me. Although I haven't been able to show the wavy black lines in the worst case video in the forum I have since I returned it due to missing parts and damage external box, I can't help but wonder, tearing aside, if the other one will have those black wavy lines also. It will cost me one round trip of shipping as why pay an extra $80 for something that has less features (unless you consider the TBC-1000 has 4 device distrbution), if it does the same thing. I'll always be wondering if I don't try it, however may just tell the video place to ship me the replacement of what I already have if I can get the wavy lines out of my head.

So the question comes back again and again in my mind, does all TBCs have the same algorithms for converting the analog signal to digital, or do they vary by device?

JR

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Yes, I'd stick with what you have.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So I will assume then that any unit is going to have this effect. Would it then be your opinion that if I had the choice between the TVone TBC and the DataVideo TBC-1000, to stick with the TBCOne unit? That unit is $80 cheaper and has controls which I believe they call "procamp capabilities" for adjusting color, brightness, contrast, etc on the device itself.

JR

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    The "tearing" (or "warping") at the top is normal - this is switching from the VCR head itself. It's not visible unless you show full-raster, and back in the VHS days, only broadcasters could see the full raster...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OK, So I got the TVOne unit. I now have a full three hours of video coming into the PC. So new issue. The top of the video has a tearing effect in it and there are very very thin horizontal wavy black lines going thru it. Something you hardly see on the TV from a distance and even less so if I run it thru NeatVideo cleanup. If I went with a DataVideo TBC-1000 unit instead, do you think it would work any differently or are they are about the same at the $400-500 cost point? What I am getting now is acceptable, however obviously worse than what one would see directly to the TV from the VCR. I am thinking of trying the TBC-1000 however it will be a big hastle since I now own the TVOne unit so would be a lot of back and forth and returns. Thoughts on this?

Thanks.

JR
    Last edited by jriker1; 03-08-2008, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• number88
    replied
    I have a datavideo tbc 3000. No audio sync problems. I wouldn't mind one with component inputs/outputs though. I guess they would be several thousand $$? I guess there's no such thing as a tbc with hdmi in and out because timebase correction only applies to analog?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    the BNC connector is the standard connector for composite world wide, the connector locks and the cable can't be pulled out

the cheaper RCA connectors used by home equipment is non standard

not sure about the quality of the TBC in question, I have several TBC, one from Snell & Wilcox was $20,000 and one from For-A was $6700

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you everyone for your help. Glad to hear this won't cause any issues with the audio getting out of sync. I will assume the TBC I'm looking at (listed in my OP) is good quality if it uses what would be considered connectors for higher end equipment. Or TV One was trying to be cool. Who knows. To me it's just some old school connectors I used to see on some of my high end Mitsubishi monitors many years ago (4 separate BNC cables) for the video signal.

Thank you again for all your input.

JR

Leave a comment:

• kbosward
    replied
    Originally posted by jriker1 View Post
    the CV connectors ... do not look like any composite connections I have seen.
    These are BNC connectors, used on pro and semi-pro equipment. You will need an adapter like you see here.

Ken.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    TBC don't create audio delay, nothing to worry about

only frame synchronizers and standards converters delay 40ms = 1 frame

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    Quite possible, given the video has an extra layer of processing. Perhaps Anton can weigh in on this one.

In any event, you can disable the locked audio support on the ADVC if required to do manual syncing within your NLE software.
    Thanks. So you eliminate one evil by using the necessary TBC and could have another. I'd be interested in the chance of this and how to resolve it. I'm using Sony Vegas 8 as I can't get Edius working in Vista.

JR

Leave a comment:

Working...
X