ADVC100 - XP asking for AV/C driver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVC100 - XP asking for AV/C driver!

The ADVC100 I've had forever died in an electrical storm last fall. Canopus no longer repairs this model, so I purchased a replacement on Ebay. I attached the "new" unit via my firewire card, same as before, using new cables. p/s etc.

When I power up, XP sees the device (the device found bells play) but XP then proceeds to prompt for an "AV/C driver." This unit, of course, needs no driver. I tried several other computers to make sure it wasn't a firewire card issue. I got the same results.

I could only find one reference to this error on Google. A poster to a video forum had the same error and contacted Canopus. They told him it was a known defect with some units. He shipped it back to them, they updated the firmware and all was well when the unit was returned.

I'm not really worried about a refund, the seller is reputable with a good rating, but I really, really love this little device and would like to somehow get it functioning if at all possible.

Thanks for any input/suggestions. (Maybe I should just spend the extra $$ on an ADVC-110.)

George.

Do you have access to another machine to try it on?

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
      Do you have access to another machine to try it on?
      From my original post:

"I tried several other computers to make sure it wasn't a firewire card issue. I got the same results."

George.

Comment

I'd call the technical support line, they can guide your further, but it sounds like the unit is hosed.

Comment

Working...
        X