ADVC300 and Windows 7 PC - just getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVC300 and Windows 7 PC - just getting started

I've pulled out my brand new ADVC300 after never using or installing it for years. I'm hoping my Win7 PC will handle the task. I have some 10-25 year old 8mm videotapes that need conversion and lots of basic editing (remove worthless stuff). Please wish me luck!!

Have you registered your product with Grass Valley? There may be newer drivers and software available for it at your registered products page.
    Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
    #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
    #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

You will likely need to use the "legacy" IEEE1394 driver. It comes with Win7 but is not installed as the default driver.

What are you planning to use as the Video8 player?

Comment

Originally posted by Thor View Post
        Have you registered your product with Grass Valley? There may be newer drivers and software available for it at your registered products page.
        Thanks. I have, and I downloaded the software yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
          You will likely need to use the "legacy" IEEE1394 driver. It comes with Win7 but is not installed as the default driver.

What are you planning to use as the Video8 player?
          Thank you for the heads up re the driver.

I have a working camcorder, a Sony CCD-TRV66, that I'll play the tapes on

Comment

Working...
          X