Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canopus ADVC-300 and Vista

Hi..
    What about Canopus ADVC-300 and Vista compatibility??? Especially interests with Vista Ultimate x64...

In Minimum System Requirements:
    Windows® 2000 (requires Service Pack 3 or higher), Windows® XP Home or Windows® XP Professional

So what about drivers for Vista x64???

Thank you.

While on a hardware level, the ADVC300 should be compatible with Vista x64 builds, the Picture Controller software is not compatible.

If you prefer to use the software to control the ADVC300, rather than the physical buttons on the unit itself, you'll need to stick to using XP x86.

Comment

Works on Vista x64

While I know the software controler isn't supported on Vista X64 - I've been using it without any problems.

I use an ADVC300 on Vista X64 without any problems.

Comment

I too have been using Picture Controller just fine on Vista Ultimate x64. I just completely wiped my system yesterday and am in the process of reinstalling everything now with SP1.

The ADVC300 itself works just fine with no extra effort. I use Pinnacle Studio to do my capture/editing, and it all just works together fine.

Comment

The Canopus Picture Controller *INSTALLER* is not compatible with Vista. Even running setup.exe in WinXP or Win98 compability mode doesn't work (well not for me anyway, all I got was a "NTVDM.EXE error" screen).

HOWEVER, the little proggie itself (PCTRL300.EXE) works fine in Vista. So just install it on a XP machine and then copy the program (it's just a single 180 kB executable) to your Vista machine and you're fine.
          Last edited by Joop Klep; 12-12-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I'm using Picture Conroller on Vista (32-bit), and I'm pretty sure I did a normal install rather than copying the executable. However, I did not use the installer that came with the ADVC-300, I used the updated version that is available on the support site.

Picture Controller works just fine on Vista provided that you turn off the Aero user interface because that disables the Hardware Video Overlay. With Aero off, you can control the ADVC-300 and use the Preview window.

Comment

I just installed the picture Controller software from the original V1.0 installer disc on Vista Ultimate 64 bit- no problems at all, running fine even with Aero.

Wierd for you guys.

Comment

Working...
              X