Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vhs => digital ? 2 vcrs at same time

hi all ,

i have hundreds of high quality well preserved vhs tapes that are 20 to 25 years old .

now i want to digitize them and keep them on my external hdd and then maybe burn them to dvds .

my question :

i want to digitize 2 tapes at the same time by hooking 2 vcrs to my pc so i can save time . does the canopus edius software / hardware capable of doing that ?

thanks

You need:

- 2 x ADVC units (of any type)
    - 2 x free IEEE 1394 port
    - DV Capture software for multiple DV input capturing (free download off our web site, in the General downloads area)
    - A qualifying EDIUS product installed

I think even just having the 30-day EDIUS trial might be enough for DV Capture to run without any problems.

Comment

Also if you are capturing NTSC DVcapture will allow you to capture from 3 sources at the same time...
      2 sources are the limit for PAL...
      Aristotelis Bafaloukos
      Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
      BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Actually I think that limitation was eventually fixed in a Microsoft Windows patch. I believe you can now capture from three PAL sources.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
          You need:

- 2 x ADVC units (of any type)
          - 2 x free IEEE 1394 port
          - DV Capture software for multiple DV input capturing (free download off our web site, in the General downloads area)
          - A qualifying EDIUS product installed

I think even just having the 30-day EDIUS trial might be enough for DV Capture to run without any problems.

thanks GrassValley

1- i didn't found the DV Capture software , can u please give me the link exactly

2- i've just ordered 2 of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pr_product_top

Canopus ADVC110 Converter will these work fine ?

Comment

You can't get to the DVCapture download until you register on the Canopus support site -- go to the link below.

http://www.canopus.com/canopus/subscribe/login.php

The ADVC-110 is fine for what you want to do.

Comment

thanks THoff :)

2 small question :

1- when i capture the video file it will be saved as mpeg2 and then can be transcoded to xvid with autogk , right ?

2- can u tell me please how much will one hour video file size will be when captured in mpeg2 ?

thanks

Comment

anyone ????

Comment

The ADVC units capture a DV video stream (the sames a what a DV camera would send to the computer). DV files occupy around 13GB for 1 hour of video.

Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by kbosward View Post
                    The ADVC units capture a DV video stream (the sames a what a DV camera would send to the computer). DV files occupy around 13GB for 1 hour of video.

Ken.
                    13 gb for one hour is way too much , 6 x the size of one hour of dvd quality picture .
                    is it possible to make it smaller , and when the source is vhs why do i need the file to be this size ?

Comment

Because the ADVC is an analog to DV format converter. It's not like (most) TV-capture cards where the system receives an uncompressed video stream and the CPU has to compress it.

If you need straight to MPEG capture from Analog, then you need something else - or software that will transcode DV to MPEG on-the-fly, but they tend to provide so-so quality.

Comment

hi ,

i received my ADVC110 and i am facing a problem .

when i connected it to my 6 pin firewire port on my desktop it powered on .

and since i don't have any firewire ports on my laptop i bought a three port fire wire pcmcia card ( all are 6 pin ) but when i connected the ADVC110 to my laptop it didn't power on ?!

are the ADVC110 not suitable to work with pcmcia cards ? or do i need an external power supply ?

please help

Comment

The PCMCIA card won't provide power to the ADVC110, so if you want to use it with that laptop, you'll need to pick up an ADVC110 power supply (from wherever you purchased the unit itself).

Comment

I think the build in video capture software in XP will be able to encode
                            to wma or mpeg2 on the fly.
                            You will probably need a good cpu to encode 2 streams of video in real time,
                            but it is worth trying.

Sebastian

Comment

hi GrassValley_KH ,

hi the problem is that i don't live in the u.s.a and i takes alot of time for an item to be shipped to my country . therefore i used my sony reader power supply and it worked , so will this harm my device in the long run ?

it says on the sony reader power supply :

input : 100 -240 v - 50/60 mhz 0.26A

output : 5.2v - 2000mA

Comment

Working...
                              X