ADVC 110 Driver - USB and Firewire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVC 110 Driver - USB and Firewire

We have an ADVC 110. Our computer doesn't have a firewire card, so we're using a simple usb to firewire adapter.

The problem is with the driver and how it is installing. I get a message that the device is "Unknown" and I can't find a download for a manual install of the driver.

Any suggestions?

What OS are you using?
    I believe it uses the native IEEE1394 driers, not a special ADVC driver.
    If the ADVC is registered you can find the manual on the GV web site.

Comment

can you add a $40 firewire card to your PC? or do you have no spare slots?

make sure firewire card has Texas Instruments or VIA chip

firewire cards with LSI chip crash EDIUS
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
        What OS are you using?
        I believe it uses the native IEEE1394 driers, not a special ADVC driver.
        If the ADVC is registered you can find the manual on the GV web site.
        We're using Windows 7 on that computer. Do you know if there is a way to force install the firewire (IEE1394) driver on a computer for use with the adapter?

Comment

Unfortunately we don't have any extra slots on that PC. We use it for video editing and we already have adapters/graphics cards in each of the slots.

Does anyone have a link to an active usb to firewire adapter that might work better than the pass through we currently use?

Also, do you have a link to the manual you mentioned?

Comment

In general, with Win7 you should use the "legacy" IEEE 1394 driver, not the one Win7 installs as a default.
            You may be able to go through Windows Device Manager to install the correct driver.

However, I don't know whether or not it will work through an USB-to-firewire adapter, or though a USB hub, especially if anything else is using the hub.

What adapter are you using?
            What PC are you using?

Comment

Canopus-110 Driver

HI I am looking for the Canopus-110 device driver, can anyone help me as to where I can download it from?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaayy View Post
                HI I am looking for the Canopus-110 device driver, can anyone help me as to where I can download it from?
                I have a 110. It did not have nor require a specific driver. It uses the generic firewire driver in windows and should show up as an AVC device if I recall correctly (mine is currently on loan to a friend so I can't confirm exactly what it is called.

You may need to force it to use the legacy firewire driver in windows though, particularly if you are using Win10.
                Edius WG 9.54.6706, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Legacy driver may be needed for Win 7 and Win 8 as well. For 8 and 10 it has to be d/l from a MS web site. It was shipped, but generally not activated, with Win 7.

Comment

Working...
                  X