Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Compatibility Thread

Hi all,

I've created this thread here for people to read, post and check on the compatibility of various ADVC models, within applications under Mac OS 10.5 (aka Leopard).

To start the ball rolling, I have tested ADVC55 and ADVC110, using iMovie 08 (v7.1). No problems seen, both for input and output. (although I had to use SimpleVideoOut, because there is no obvious way that I saw to export back to DV tape with iMovie v7)

So:

iMovie v7.1
    ADVC55 = OK
    ADVC110 = OK

10.5 compatibility tests with ADVC 300 pending

I have an ADVC 300 and just installed Leopard. I intend to test out the ADVC later today on it.

Comment

Advc300

Originally posted by radamchak View Post
      I have an ADVC 300 and just installed Leopard. I intend to test out the ADVC later today on it.
      Hi there,
      I have Leopard and ADVC 300 and every thing works just fine with iMovie 7.1.
      My only problem is "connection dropout" with old VHS tape conversion. I think the solution could be TBC?

Comment

Originally posted by bdjub View Post
        I have Leopard and ADVC 300 and every thing works just fine with iMovie 7.1. My only problem is "connection dropout" with old VHS tape conversion. I think the solution could be TBC?
        Yes, a TBC is best as it will clean up the signal. However another solution to prevent the ADVC300 from stopping during capture due to analog signal glitches is to use myVCR for capturing. This tiny app does not implement device control, so it will never tell the ADVC300 to stop. Works fine on Mac OSX 10.5.2.

Ken.

Comment

Hi,

I have installed leopard and i also have an ADVC 300. I`ll try to test ADVC later.

Comment

ADVC - Quicktime Pro

I have an ADVC and a new Apple, I was thinking of buying Quicktime Pro. What are the advantages? - I currently capture video from the ADVC as AVi and then edit it with Adobe Premier or just convert it to MP4. Since buying and Apple and Apple TV all my output video needs to be H.264 hence why I was thinking of buying Quicktime Pro. Nero will output H.264 but I am thinking Quicktime may be a better option - any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comment

Does this not defeat the objective of using Quicktime Pro, I have not tested it yet myself yet however. I am trying to reduce my dependacny on multiple video editing and capturing applications.

Comment

Leopard OS X 10.5.6
                Final Cut Pro (FCP) 6.0.4
                ADVC-300 = OK

I'm capturing from Hi8 and VHS to my MacBook, and it's working really flawless. You can use Picture Controller and FCP parallel, just watch out that you don't bring up the PicController Preview window whilst capturing.

Comment

Originally posted by skybluenova View Post
                  just watch out that you don't bring up the PicController Preview window whilst capturing.
                  Maybe a Mac thing? Last time i checked you could bring up Picture Controller while capturing & also change the settings on the fly (including color correction) and it did not get embedded on the result. This was a PC of course.

Comment

Working...
                  X