Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning analog tapes: compare NX & ADVC300

I want an NX, but can't afford it right now, but just so I'll know:

Are the cleaning capabilities of the NX better, worse or the same as the ADVC 300?

[BTW, and I'm not complaining, but it would be helpful to be able to search on "NX" to see if this question has been answered before, but I think I understand why you don't want to be able to search on the small words]
    Harris
    edius pro 8.2, win10 pro x64, i7 5930K @ 4.4 on asus X99-A usb3.1, corsair h100i gtx with noctua fans, 32G gskill ddr4, gtx 980 4G, system 256G samsung ssd 950 pro M.2, swap 128G samsung ssd 850 pro, general use 512G samsung ssd 850 pro, video 4 @ 3T WD red pro in raid 5

It's not so much a case of "worse" - ADVC300 has a couple more cleaning capabilities over the NX.

I tried making short search terms, but the forum software didn't want to play nice.

Comment

The inability to search for short words is very common and unfortunate given the prevalence of acronyms in anything involving technology.

Another roadblock is limits on the number of searches you can perform -- on some forums you can only search once every 60 seconds to avoid having the forums brought to its knees in a Denial Of Service attack. The problem with that is that if your search request didn't get you the results you were looking for, you can't correct it and try again immediately.

My favorite workaround for these problems is to use Google's site-specific search feature. If you have the Google Toolbar installed, you can add the "Search Site" button to the toolbar to simplify site-specific searches, but you can also use the normal Google search box or the main Google site by adding a site: tag -- to search for all references to the NX product in this forum, search for
      NX site:ediusforum.grassvalley.com on Google.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
        It's not so much a case of "worse" - ADVC300 has a couple more cleaning capabilities over the NX.
        I like that answer - a justification for me to get the ADVC300

[thanks for the suggestion on the search, Thoff]
        Harris
        edius pro 8.2, win10 pro x64, i7 5930K @ 4.4 on asus X99-A usb3.1, corsair h100i gtx with noctua fans, 32G gskill ddr4, gtx 980 4G, system 256G samsung ssd 950 pro M.2, swap 128G samsung ssd 850 pro, general use 512G samsung ssd 850 pro, video 4 @ 3T WD red pro in raid 5

Comment

Working...
        X