capturing analog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capturing analog

doing alot of tape to dvd conversions. need to run vhs/hi8 decks into edius for capture. any big difference between the advc 55 and 110? looks pretty much the same. as far as quality of pass through are they identical. the 55 is alittle less in cost, which im glad to save on.
    thanks.
    right now on my old system im using my storm breakout box. i guess i could hook up my dsr20 deck and loop through it

does your VHS/Hi8 deck have a TBC? if not, I would forget about these products, unless you purchase a TBC, there are some cheap and good ones for VHS type work for around $800
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

ill just loop through my dsr20 deck which is going in firewire

Comment

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
        ill just loop through my dsr20 deck which is going in firewire
        Loop through provides only connectivity, no TBC function !
        Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
        EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
        wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

so the advc units wont work for what i want to do, im just taking this footage in to dump to dvd

Comment

so the advc units wont work for what i want to do, im just taking this footage in to dump to dvd
            in order to dump to DVD, you need a TBC to provide a stable signal from a deck that does not have a TBC

some decks do have TBC, I have a Sony 8mm walkman, it does 8mm, Hi8 and Digital8 and has TBC and NR and firewire out

for VHS, I use the Sony SVO-5800 with built in TBC and NR and component out and I connect it to component input of EDIUS SP with unreal results, VHS or S-VHS has never looked that good

I believe the AVC-300 has a TBC but I don't know how good it is
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

keep in mind that im taking it into edius then putting that footage on timeline then burning dvd.

Comment

keep in mind that im taking it into edius then putting that footage on timeline then burning dvd.
                yes, I do similar, but author with DVD Lab Pro
                Anton Strauss

Comment

....so the advc units wont work for what i want to do, im just taking this footage in to dump to dvd
                  Maybe yes, maybe no, it depends on the quality of the tapes and the VHS & Hi8 players you are using. If the input to the ADVC is a good, stable signal you will have success. The ADVC300 is somewhat better in this respect but not a magic bullet.

Give pass-through the DSR20 a try (lowest cost option). If you have access to several differnt tape players, try them all to see which works best. If that meets your needs you are good to go. If not, move onto the next steps.

If the image is unstable, tears, etc., a TBC in the input path may help. Some of the (now nearly forgotten) analog video mixers provided a TBC function; e.g., the old Videonics MX-1 series, if you happen to have one collecting dust on a shelf somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X