PDA

View Full Version : OSX - El Capitan

alatriste1
03-30-2016, 04:59 PM
I'm about to upgrade OSX, Is composer running ok under "El Capitan"
I'm using a mac book pro 2.3 Ghz Core i7.

alatriste1
04-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Two months later no Grass Valley response... :/

GrassValley_PS
04-25-2016, 08:58 PM
This is not an official forum and very few people visit here that would involve this product. You should contact tech support and open a ticket.

harveylexton
05-06-2016, 10:53 AM
I wonder if GV will ever make Edius 8 work in EL Capitan. The reason is I use Mac and use VMware for win 10 but I find it crashing to much.

SoundFreak_HD
05-06-2016, 11:17 AM
The days of the mighty Mac are over and gone .....

While there was a good reason 20 years ago or so to go Mac anything audio and video related, due to the crapiness of Windows, things changed with Windows 7 and Windows 10 is great with any pro audio or video software and hardware.

If you really have the need to run Edius as an NLE you should consider adding a windows computer to your tool box.

If you build or buy a system comparable to a mac pro you'll find that there is virtually no difference between running a Mac or PC, it's just the chosen soft and hardware that defines the usefulness of the tools.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are some Mac users here and maybe if you Google your way around this forum you can find them by reading some old threads / posts, once found shoot them a P.M. and I'm sure someone might reveal the hidden magic.

Not sure if indeed Edius 8 can runs smoothly on the system you want to run it on but I know of Edius 7 being used under Windows 7 on a Mac with stable results.....