PDA

View Full Version : How to play a Video from command line

Jakida
11-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Hi, I am trying to play a video from command line. For a some network operation thing, i wont reach txmam for couple hours. That wont be a problem for me but i want to learn how to play a video from directly playout with using command line.
I have read some documents (K2 Edge Protocol Manual) and looked to logs. My videos are in \publitronic\publitronic\objects\mpegves folder with a.vf extensions.

In logs, there is some lines like this.
{ cmd=nre; sg-select=/publitronic/objects/channelpack/a0007105; sg-inst=69852; subcmd=preload; template=Clip HD; spname0=Main Clip; spvalue0=#u08(a0007582.avf)80u#; ttl=39; stm=09:45:21:08; exid=73566; inst=1058974; }
I am trying some posibilities but gives me -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(' error or doing nothing
Steps should be preload and play but i cant preload the video.

Channelpacks and subtitles are not important for now, i just want to play a video from command line..

GrassValley_RV
11-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Hi,

You need to send the command through the nexos socket interface. You can use the /publitronic/objects/code/nexcommand utility for this.

The syntaxis is:
./nexcommand <channel number> 0 complex <command>

E.g. ./nexcommand 0 0 complex '{cmd=nre;subcmd=preload-play;template=Play Clip;spname0=Clip;spvalue0=peas.mpg;sg-select=next;}'

Regards,
Roy

Jakida
11-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi again,
Thats a simple and perfect explanation. It worked perfectly, ill figured out rest of things. Thanks a bunch

Cheers