PDA

View Full Version : importing/replacing assets into a project

Jimbo
05-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Hi,
I'm have trouble importing a revised version of animations/stills (probably other types of asset as well, although I haven't noted all of them).

When trying to replace an existing item, I receive an error message and a further message to say no assets have been imported.

My workaround is to close the project, and re-open it, and then try again, which seems to work.

Is this possible to explain where I'm going wrong, or is there a fix in a later version? (we have 1.6.5 here, but as yet we have not had time to test it out)

this problem occurs with our Composer version 1.6.1.

Cheers

GrassValley_RV
05-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Hi Jimbo,

Are you using the windows version of Channel Composer?

Roy

Jimbo
05-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Yes.
I think I'm finding the issue if the asset is in use in a template. Removing the .ani or .tga from said template, by selecting another .ani or .tga, and the error doesn't seem to be raised....

GrassValley_RV
05-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Hi Jimbo,

Yes, this is a known issue present only on windows. Windows does not allow you to modify a file (which includes deleting and renaming) that is currently in use. We're still looking at possible solutions here...

A quick workaround: select a template that does not contain an object that uses the asset, enter and exit Try-out Mode (this releases the lock on the asset file) and then delete the asset.

Roy

ductuan
02-22-2016, 05:43 AM
Sorry because place msg!
Pls help me, about import field in Channel Composer:
I want change [extrexf]pop (type Name) by [x]pop.
Mean, i want type ID, so what is [x].

Thanks very much!!!