PDA

View Full Version : Copy formats

Jimbo
08-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to copy/duplicate formats? This would be a very useful addition/function.

GrassValley_PS
08-23-2013, 04:36 AM
Can you be a bit more specific?

Jimbo
08-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi,
Using Channel Composer v1.6 to create channelpacks to be used for various UK movie/music/kids genre TV channels, and I'm finding the need to create formats which are largely the same, with one or two minor differences. It would therefore be very useful to be able to be able to duplicate formats, in the same way that one can make duplicate templates and objects.

Also some base functions/pre_event checks are contained in most formats (e.g. clip players/timecodeflags/loudness setting), so it would seem sensible to create a base format and then use a duplicate function to then build on.

Formats often contain several templates/applets, with a number of parameters, and having to re-enter that info over and over is time consuming and open to errors and mis-typing of manual text field entry.

The ability to duplicate would increase speed and efficiency when producing channelpacks.

Please advise if this is something 'on the road map' and if so, whether you have a time frame for implementation.

Cheers

GrassValley_PS
08-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Thank You. I will see what I can find out.