PDA

View Full Version : Using a VBI trigger to take next

jas123
04-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi
I do not know if this is the right place to post this but I need to know if it is possible to trigger a take next event on the cobalt playlist by using a VBI or GBI trigger but a VBI trigger is preferred.

Thanks.

GrassValley_PS
04-10-2013, 05:53 PM
We can trigger an event using SCTE 104 or GBI. You might be able to get more info on the website. I am not sure about VBI.

jas123
04-11-2013, 05:47 PM
First Thanks for the quick Replay. I do have one more question which is how would you set up the cobalt playlist on the K2 edge so it will take next event from a GPI trigger do we have to use an Applet or can this be done through the setting some where?.

Thanks in advanced.

GrassValley_PS
04-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Sorry to say that the person that provided me with the previous answer has left (we were at NAB). Maybe someone else will chime in.

GrassValley_JE
04-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Hi,

It's unfortunately not possible to trigger Cobalt events using triggers embedded in the VBI of an incoming video signal. What is supported:

1. K2 Edge playout servers can generate GPIO triggers via VBI, DB9 socket and 410E during playout (output only). You can send GPIO triggers using the "GPIO Command" object on a template in Channel Composer (see Library > Objects > GPIO Command).

2. K2 Edge playout servers support incoming GPIO triggers via the DB9 serial input only. The K2 Edge will respond to incoming GPIO triggers by executing pre-configured complex commands (e.g. execute a shell script, execute a template). This way you could trigger an applet that "takes" the next event.

Based on your posts in this thread it's not entirely clear to me if you need a solution for incoming triggers embedded in VBI or not. If the solution from my second bullet would work for you then I could ask around what the next steps would be (as the required work for this has no relation with Channel Composer this request may have to go through other channels, e.g. support/professional services).

Regards,

JR

jas123
04-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi thanks for the info
yes the triggers will be coming on the VBI stream but we have a way to make it work, what we are doing now is converting the trigger from VBI to GPIO (using a sperate box for this) so the K2edge should pick it up from the DB9 input and start an applet which would take next on the playlist.

Thanks again for the replay.