Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 04-19-2008, 01:44 AM   #1
joliverio

Default Using Edius with Adobe Encore

Is there some reason Edius will not work with Encore? We have an HDV project in Edius that we export as SD 16:9 to m2v and wave files. We then import to Encore. In Encore there are green flashes when there are photog flashes. The screen goes green for a few frames or breaks up like there is a tear in the video.

The same source files when brought into Premiere work fine in Encore. Are we doing something wrong? Is there a setting somewhere or file type that is wrong?

We are at a loss and time is running out on the project before we have to take some other steps.

I would have thought that Edius output to Encore would be a great way to update from using DVD Workshop for all these years.

Help,

JoeO.
joliverio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
PaulTV

Encore now uses the Adobe "Premiere" engine for display, which for reasons no one can fathom do not play files made by Procoder correctly.

The flashes are a playback error only, and do not appear in the final mastered DVD, I'm using CS3 as well as Encore 2, always with Procoder files, and never had a failure yet.

I think there is an update patch from Adobe for Encore 2, which stops it from random crashing when using Canopus files.

Check the Adobe forum on this, it is well documented.

Paul

System 1: Edius 7.21 Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX780Ti Decklink HD Extreme.

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk
PaulTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
joliverio

Default Using Edius with Adobe Encore

Thanks Paul.

We actually first experienced the flashes on the burned DVD and then we saw them in Encore CS3 preview. So I don't think it is just a display issue. We have made an AVI export from Edius which bypasses Procoder and it plays fine in Encore preview. We are going to let Encore encode the AVI. I will let you know what happens. I think I am up to date on Encore updates.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTV View Post
Encore now uses the Adobe "Premiere" engine for display, which for reasons no one can fathom do not play files made by Procoder correctly.

The flashes are a playback error only, and do not appear in the final mastered DVD, I'm using CS3 as well as Encore 2, always with Procoder files, and never had a failure yet.

I think there is an update patch from Adobe for Encore 2, which stops it from random crashing when using Canopus files.

Check the Adobe forum on this, it is well documented.

Paul
joliverio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
Crespel

Have a look in the Procoder forum there's a thread titled Encore though choice(Martin Gleeson).It's a very long thread - I posted the solution - you will find it at the end of the thread.
Crespel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS