Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-20-2007, 05:57 AM   #1
pvideo

Default dv avi codec

I find that Tmpgenc Express and Windows media player will not recognize the Canopus dv codec on my editing unit, but only the lossless avi, from Procoder. Seems that the Canopus codec is not loaded for these software products. Any suggestions? Also, my Titlemotion Pro seems like an older version than I recall (I have a new editing computer). Wasn't there an update at some point? I have the original Titlemotion disc that came with Edius but remember a specific updating file. I am using Edius Pro v.3.61,
Thanks.
Pam
Is the old forum archive available somewhere?
pvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
GrassValley_MD
Mike Downey... The Jollymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvideo View Post
I find that Tmpgenc Express and Windows media player will not recognize the Canopus dv codec on my editing unit, but only the lossless avi, from Procoder. Seems that the Canopus codec is not loaded for these software products. Any suggestions? Also, my Titlemotion Pro seems like an older version than I recall (I have a new editing computer). Wasn't there an update at some point? I have the original Titlemotion disc that came with Edius but remember a specific updating file. I am using Edius Pro v.3.61,
Thanks.
Pam

Use the Microsoft DV on output. That will work with those programs and if it doesn't there is something deeper going on.

Mike
GrassValley_MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
pvideo

Yes, the MSDV avi selection works, but isn't the Canopus avi codec supported with Edius Pro software? It is not listed as a possible video codec in the system, just Canopus HX and Canopus Lossless. Only the audio is recognized in third party programs.
Pam
Old 05-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
GrassValley_MD

Quote:
Yes, the MSDV avi selection works, but isn't the Canopus avi codec supported with Edius Pro software? It is not listed as a possible video codec in the system, just Canopus HX and Canopus Lossless. Only the audio is recognized in third party programs.
Pam

The difference between the MS Codec and the Canous one is mostly the wrapper... the ms codec works fine with Edius Pro.

Now, You are correct that the MS Codec is not listed in the presets. Just use it on output :)

Mike
Old 05-20-2007, 08:48 PM   #5
pvideo

[QUOTE=GrassValley_MD;2117]The difference between the MS Codec and the Canous one is mostly the wrapper... the ms codec works fine with Edius Pro.

Now, You are correct that the MS Codec is not listed in the presets. Just use it on output :)

Thanks for the response. What I meant is that the Canopus DV avi codec is not listed in my computer codec list. So, when I output to Canopus DV avi the file is not recognized by third party software, but it is usable within Edius. So you are saying that I should always check MSDV for avi output to third party applications and that the quality is on par with Canopus avi?
Pam
Old 05-20-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
GrassValley_MD

As far as SD DV goes it works just fine and looks great. Like I said, it is just a different wrapper.

Give it try and see what you think :)

Mike
Old 05-21-2007, 01:06 AM   #7
pvideo

Thanks, Mike.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:17 PM   #8
peterC

Quote:
Also, my Titlemotion Pro seems like an older version than I recall (I have a new editing computer). Wasn't there an update at some point? I have the original Titlemotion disc that came with Edius but remember a specific updating file. I am using Edius Pro v.3.61,
Thanks.
Pam
Hi Pam.
1) Try using Edius V3.62 Beta. Download it from the d/l section in your user profile area of the d/l section of the Canopus web site. It works fine and is what I use.
2) There is a TMPro update there too that you will need. TMP for Canopus SP1 as I recall.

Nothing, unless you have made your own copies of the old forums that I know of.
(Please don't throw stones, it works!)
peterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
antonsvideo

there is an update for TM Pro to go with Edius3 that fixed several annoyances that has never been made available in the Canopus download section

Phone Canopus and ask them to email it to you, they have it because that's how I got mine

now with Edius4, TmPro is even newer

EDIUS Pro7 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X79 Extreme11, HexaCore Intel Core i7-4930K, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Quadro K4000, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4x WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 x Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 AM   #10
pvideo

I did download both the 3.62 beta and the TMPro update from the download page--no luck in either getting the heralded Canopus avi dv codec or the newer version of TMPro. I will contact Canopus to email me Anton's TMPro update.

I haven't upgraded to v4 because I still work in SD, but I suppose I should while it is still available as an upgrade from v3.

Thanks all.
Pam

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS