Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 10-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
indiejunior

Question Where are the relelase notes of Edius 6.01-6,0.8 please?

I managed to find the release notes for only couple of them. (6.02 & 6.08)

Is there any location where I could find all the release notes (fixes/changes/new features) of versions 6.01-6.0.8 please?

After reinstalling 6.01, Edius start up was like a Ferrari fast then I have noticed that the speed after installing the 6.08 was like an oxcart as far as start up of the program.

Has anyone else has the same slowness or is it just me?

What would I be missing if I had just 6.01 or 6.02 ...6.07 rather than 6.08 please?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
antonsvideo

6.08 will act sluggish if anti virus program is running

some are even still running if disabled, they are a virus by themselves

can you confirm which one you have running?

EDIUS Pro7 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X79 Extreme11, HexaCore Intel Core i7-4930K, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Quadro K4000, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4x WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 x Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
indiejunior

Question

Hi Anton,
I have Malwarebytes 1.6, Spybot - Search & Destroy (passive), and default microsoft programs like Microsoft Security Essentials, windows defender, windows firewall.

Did you happen to have any Edius Edius 6.01-6,0.8 release notes, so that I could compare & justify if updating from 6.01 to 6.08 is worth it vs the speed loss

or It was so fast when 6.01 I had last week is the best choice I should stay.

(PS. I had some problems with the pc so I had to fresh install w7 last week where I had Edius 6.07 and and kaspersky last time )

kind regards
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
David Clarke

In general performance is 6.08 the same? Is it just the start up which is slow? If the latter you need to add EDIUS to the list of excluded processes in Microsoft security essentials.
Can't tell you all the fixes but there are so many, plus extras like Intel Quicksync support (if you have a Sandybridge or Ivybridge processor), that I would not want to work in 6.01.
Desktop: 3.6Ghz 2011 pin i7 processor, 16GB RAM, nVidia 570, Blackmagic Extreme 3D, Windows 7 Pro/8
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
indiejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Clarke View Post
In general performance is 6.08 the same? Is it just the start up which is slow? If the latter you need to add EDIUS to the list of excluded processes in Microsoft security essentials.
Can't tell you all the fixes but there are so many, plus extras like Intel Quicksync support (if you have a Sandybridge or Ivybridge processor), that I would not want to work in 6.01.
Start up too slow, opening the project (the folder itself is about 10gb) is dead slower (any suggestions to speed it up the start up please other than "add EDIUS to the list of excluded processes in Microsoft security essentials" ?

I cannot comment on the general performance yet since I have completed 99% of the editing of my documentary few days ago

Last edited by indiejunior; 10-11-2012 at 11:25 AM.
indiejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
CentralEurope

http://www.grassvalley.com/support/d...ts?product=324

=> go to legacy update
=> open i.e. version 6.03
=> scroll to the bottom of the page
=> click on the red "here" for the ReadMe

6.03 ReadMe tell fixes /features 6.01 up to 6.03

behind 6.03 you need to open each ReadMe version
6.05 / 6.06 / 6.07 / 6.08

behind 6.03 it have changed to "pdf"... and tells only the fixes /features for one version
Attached Images
File Type: jpg legacy.jpg (43.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 603.jpg (25.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
David Clarke

No real other suggestions to speed things up compared to how the system works with 6.01. The excluded process thing cures slow start up on the first time you open EDIUS after booting. If it is slow to open every time you start it, this will have no effect.

It could be something to do about the media used in the project rather than a 6.01/6.08 problem. i have not noticed an significant difference between the opening times on either myself. 6.08 does not get on with anti-virus programs as well as 6.01, so you could try uninstalling MSE and see what happens. There is an issue to do with burning Blu-ray discs with MSE 4, which is not cured by disabling it, you have to uninstall it, hence suggestion you uninstall and see if it cures your problem.
Desktop: 3.6Ghz 2011 pin i7 processor, 16GB RAM, nVidia 570, Blackmagic Extreme 3D, Windows 7 Pro/8
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
indiejunior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralEurope View Post
Thank you for that CentralEurope.
That's a good idea. I thought I could find those under the stickies or version history under edius with no luck.

all the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Clarke View Post
No real other suggestions to speed things up compared to how the system works with 6.01. The excluded process thing cures slow start up on the first time you open EDIUS after booting. If it is slow to open every time you start it, this will have no effect.

It could be something to do about the media used in the project rather than a 6.01/6.08 problem. i have not noticed an significant difference between the opening times on either myself. 6.08 does not get on with anti-virus programs as well as 6.01, so you could try uninstalling MSE and see what happens. There is an issue to do with burning Blu-ray discs with MSE 4, which is not cured by disabling it, you have to uninstall it, hence suggestion you uninstall and see if it cures your problem.
Thank you David,
I'll stay with 6.01 for a while since the project I have has almost finished.
Then I'll have to make a decision on that with the next project, as I am having few other issues like bluescreens on occasions and I need to run the pc on minimal load for a while

all the best
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

http://www.grassvalley.com/apps/doc_...ional#relnotes
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
indiejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
Excellent. Thank you for that.

All the best